Ashland 69 Fairview 61 OT (64th)

OK. Just checking.:D

I guess we'll make it Morehead right now, but this team cannot play 2 quarters and an OT of basketball from here on out and expect to play more than 2 games. That is no knock on Fairview as they took Elliott County to the wire a week or 2 ago. Maybe Fairview peaked at the right time to battle like they did tonight????

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think that Ashland might have been over looking Fairview tonight. I never think that officals cost the eagles the game, and remember that I was there as a spectator and was not for either school but this is the truth and game film will reveal this - there were at least 12 points scored tonight by the Tomacts that it should have been a "traveling violation" called. Over all the officating was okay but they missed some major traveling calls. And by the way half of those points were scored in the last two minutes of the game.

McDavid and Thomas both walked and got away with it and scored with 2:20 remaining and less. How does that happen with 3 officials, Congrats to Ashland they came back and won, and Fairview kind of deviated from their game plan, thats just my take on things. Porter Wagner was reffing the game, he reffed when I played, he must 134 years old by now.

Who is Porter Wagner? Nobody by that name was in stripes tonight? I disagree about the traveling calls. I thought the officials did a good job.

Who is Porter Wagner? Nobody by that name was in stripes tonight? I disagree about the traveling calls. I thought the officials did a good job.

I can tell you're a young pup when you don't know who Porter Wagner is. :D :D Big Bubba is just being sarcastic when he calls one of the officials Porter Wagner. Ask your dad who Porter Wagner is. I'm sure he'll be able to tell you.

Porter Wagner was reffing the game,
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That has to be one of the funniest descriptions I've ever heard... :lol:

Old Porter just hasn't been the same since Dolly went solo... :lol:

I can tell you're a young pup when you don't know who Porter Wagner is. :D :D Big Bubba is just being sarcastic when he calls one of the officials Porter Wagner. Ask your dad who Porter Wagner is. I'm sure he'll be able to tell you.

How old do you need to be? I'm not that young of a pup.

How old do you need to be? I'm not that young of a pup.

Let`s just say that next season WILL be his fourtieth. (40) yrs of officiating in this region. Hats off to him for his endurance.

He's an old country singer that sang "Misery Loves Company". And he got Dolly Parton her break that got her to the star she is today. For goodness sake I just taught a class today about why the Cloned Sheep "Dolly" was called Dolly.....Gees...

Back to the game.......

Bobby Kouns, looks like Porter Wagner from the 60's -70's , Country Music Icon.

If you are from Ashland then sure you will disagree with my statements. I am from neither school, just calling it like I saw it, even sat on Ashland's side heard some of their loyal saying , they just away with another one. Trust me, I am not complaining, really didnt care who won. It was a very good game by both teams.

If you are from Ashland then sure you will disagree with my statements. I am from neither school, just calling it like I saw it, even sat on Ashland's side heard some of their loyal saying , they just away with another one. Trust me, I am not complaining, really didnt care who won. It was a very good game by both teams.

Well you got it half right....He's from Ashland if he'll admit it but he has gone to the dark side:devil: UKCATSFAN is an alright guy;) He normally will call um as he sees them but lately he sees the Russell side of the maroon glasses he's looking through. Which is fine. I'm sure that its not as big of a deal as your making of it BB;)

Ashland survives!! And that's what it's all about right now. They won, doesn't matter how. It shows that Ashland can overcome adversity. Their seniors have seen it all and done it all. This is when veteran leadership is so important and Ashland showed they have plenty of that. With Wilcox, McDavid, and Thomas at the helm they aren't lacking in that department. I thought all three showed poise in the second half and especially in the 4th quarter and overtime. That says alot about this team. Fairview had no answers for McDavid and Bonner and I think Wilcox's presence on the outside kept them from collapsing everything in the paint. They had to respect his abilities and with good reason. He can knock it down time and time again. Good tough fought win.

Fairview was ready to play. They gave everything they had and should be commended. Not many teams would have come at Ashland like they did. Alex Barker... It's been soooo fun watching you play throughout your career. From the AAU trips across the East until tonight's final buzzer, it's been fun. Rarely do you see a kid who gives everything for the benefit of the team and that's the way this kid is. He would go scoreless the entire season if it would give his team a win. He is the definition of Selfless Player. The very definition. I wish you all the best in your future endevours.

Back to Ashland. Congrats on the win!!! You deserve it. Good luck against Boyd on Friday and I hope you bring home the 64th District championship.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: 5 thumbs up on this one!! Best post of this thread, I obviously wasn't there but I 100% agree on all points complimenting both teams. Class all the way.

Let`s just say that next season WILL be his fourtieth. (40) yrs of officiating in this region. Hats off to him for his endurance.

I know Kouns quite well. We officiate on the same football crew. I was talking about the Wagner reference.