Ashland 69 Fairview 61 OT (64th)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairview didnt fall short they basically handed that game over to Ashland. Fairview was by far the better team tonight, just didnt finish the way they should have, I witnessed tonight alot of over rated High School players and some bright future stars for the Eagles.

I personally think that Ashland might have been over looking Fairview tonight. I never think that officals cost the eagles the game, and remember that I was there as a spectator and was not for either school but this is the truth and game film will reveal this - there were at least 12 points scored tonight by the Tomacts that it should have been a "traveling violation" called. Over all the officating was okay but they missed some major traveling calls. And by the way half of those points were scored in the last two minutes of the game.

McDavid and Thomas both walked and got away with it and scored with 2:20 remaining and less. How does that happen with 3 officials, Congrats to Ashland they came back and won, and Fairview kind of deviated from their game plan, thats just my take on things. Porter Wagner was reffing the game, he reffed when I played, he must 134 years old by now.

Ashland survives!! And that's what it's all about right now. They won, doesn't matter how. It shows that Ashland can overcome adversity. Their seniors have seen it all and done it all. This is when veteran leadership is so important and Ashland showed they have plenty of that. With Wilcox, McDavid, and Thomas at the helm they aren't lacking in that department. I thought all three showed poise in the second half and especially in the 4th quarter and overtime. That says alot about this team. Fairview had no answers for McDavid and Bonner and I think Wilcox's presence on the outside kept them from collapsing everything in the paint. They had to respect his abilities and with good reason. He can knock it down time and time again. Good tough fought win.

Fairview was ready to play. They gave everything they had and should be commended. Not many teams would have come at Ashland like they did. Alex Barker... It's been soooo fun watching you play throughout your career. From the AAU trips across the East until tonight's final buzzer, it's been fun. Rarely do you see a kid who gives everything for the benefit of the team and that's the way this kid is. He would go scoreless the entire season if it would give his team a win. He is the definition of Selfless Player. The very definition. I wish you all the best in your future endevours.

Back to Ashland. Congrats on the win!!! You deserve it. Good luck against Boyd on Friday and I hope you bring home the 64th District championship.

Ashland survives!! And that's what it's all about right now. They won, doesn't matter how. It shows that Ashland can overcome adversity. Their seniors have seen it all and done it all. This is when veteran leadership is so important and Ashland showed they have plenty of that. With Wilcox, McDavid, and Thomas at the helm they aren't lacking in that department. I thought all three showed poise in the second half and especially in the 4th quarter and overtime. That says alot about this team. Fairview had no answers for McDavid and Bonner and I think Wilcox's presence on the outside kept them from collapsing everything in the paint. They had to respect his abilities and with good reason. He can knock it down time and time again. Good tough fought win.

Fairview was ready to play. They gave everything they had and should be commended. Not many teams would have come at Ashland like they did. Alex Barker... It's been soooo fun watching you play throughout your career. From the AAU trips across the East until tonight's final buzzer, it's been fun. Rarely do you see a kid who gives everything for the benefit of the team and that's the way this kid is. He would go scoreless the entire season if it would give his team a win. He is the definition of Selfless Player. The very definition. I wish you all the best in your future endevours.

Back to Ashland. Congrats on the win!!! You deserve it. Good luck against Boyd on Friday and I hope you bring home the 64th District championship.

You are right about Alex, I just felt he tried too much when it mattered the most and you know as well as I do that Fairview had Ashland on the ropes, then forced too many stupid driving shots that werent falling, bottom line is that if Fairview would have stuck to their game plan and called a few time outs they would be playing Friday night. Hats off to Ashland they never quit.

If I were going to give a player of the game to Fairview it would be a 3-way with Barker, Collins and Hall playing very good basketball.

It seems that Ashland picked up the pace in the 2nd half and the "over rated" players that Ashland has came back from 11 points down. Now Fairview has and will have a very good team returning, but poise in pressure situations allowed Ashland to win tonight and to be honest its the reason Rose Hill lost last night too.

Heck, in a couple of years it looks like it might just be the giants fighting for there lives against poised 1-A schools in the 64th.

Did I just say that????