Ashland 69 Fairview 61 OT (64th)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To those of you not familiar with 16th region officials, Bob Kouns is supposed to be the cream of the crop. I've seen him officiate on numerous occassions. If he is the measuring stick for all the other officials of the region then it is no wonder there are very few quality officials in the 16th. He needs to give it up already and retire.

To those of you not familiar with 16th region officials, Bob Kouns is supposed to be the cream of the crop. I've seen him officiate on numerous occassions. If he is the measuring stick for all the other officials of the region then it is no wonder there are very few quality officials in the 16th. He needs to give it up already and retire.

Why don't you go out there and do it yourself if you think the 16th region officials are lacking. Kouns does a fine job and while he is on the backside of his career, he still does a great job and has more quality years ahead of him if he chooses. One thing about Mr. Kouns is the fact that he steps up in the big game and he'll make the big call without hesitation. If you feel the region officials need improvement, I will gladly point you in the right direction to register. If you think you can do a better job, come give it a shot. I will guarentee you will have a different perspective on things.

I meant to post earlier but have been kind of busy. Great comeback by Ashland lead by a huge 2nd half by McDavid and clutch plays by Thomas.

I have to apologize to Alex Barker. I didn't think it was possible but I actually underestimiated what he meant to his team. I think he is without question the best ballhandler in the region but what makes him different is his presence of mind. Last night in the last 30 seconds of regulation he made one of the smartest basketball plays you will ever see. When Thomas stole the imbounds pass and had a sure layup to tie the score Barker gave up a foul that Fairview had to give. It stopped the breakout and made Ashland take the ball out of bounds. I would say there are very few kids who would have recognized the situation.

Agreed!! Most kids would have waited until the shot to foul and possibly given up the ole' fashion 3 pt play. It was a very smart play on Barker's part. I've watched him play since he was 8 and he has never ceased to amaze me. I wish him all the best in his future endevours.

Hall and Collins have flown under the radar all year with Euton and Jackson getting so much attention, but don't get me wrong, those young Royals deserve all the press they get. But this lack of attention could be good for Hall and Collins. A lot less pressure this way for both of them and in a year or two you may see Fairview really shine as they have several good young players or got to see playing time this year.

Cameron Hall has a very bright future ahead of him. He has worked very hard to get where he is today. He is a great young basketball player, but he is even a better young man.

Stay hungury and humble Camaron, and keep working hard. The sky is the limit for you.:thumb: :thumb: