Russell 66 Ashland 53

Back to the game.

I watched the replay and Ross Turner played very well again. He has really stepped it up the last couple of games trying to make up for the loss of Gill.

Marcus Frazier continues to give great effort and really brings alot of energy to the linup as well.

Both of these players really deserver some credit stepping up.

Is your cable working? Mine isn't.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Russell hasn't been dominant in the 16th Region basketball until the past two years. Some of the transfers that Russell has now has made them the paramount program in the 16th. Now think about the program that is always looking for a shot at the state title????????????? Ashland!!!!!!!

You honestly have to kidding me that Russell basketball is even close to Ashland when you all can't even win the first game at Rupp and like many will say we haven't been there but we have in 1997. So back off.

How many people on that 1997 team are still playing this season ? My guess would be none. This absolutely kills me. Yes, Ashland has great tradition, we all know that by now. You know what that 1997 team has to do with the 2006 team that is 0-2 against Russell this year and I believe 1-6 against Russell in the last 3 years ? Nothing at all...

Oh, You're Russell Hater sign shines again!!!!! Truely, I don't even want to hear about transfer from an Ashland faithful. I'm not going to get into that conversation though. Everyone except Robinson started their HS career at Russell. Nobody said Russell's basketball tradition was better than Ashland's, Nor was anyone talking about who was the "DOMINENT" program. We were talking about this season and this season only and you brought up the regional championship last year. Whether you like it or not(I'd say not), Russell is a dominent player in the region THIS year. Comments like yours above is what give Ashland fans a bad rep and it's sad because not all of their fans are like that but there are a select few who think "Ashland is SOOO much better than everyone else. ASHLAND IS UP HERE.....and everyone else is down here" . They're not any better or any worst than school is this region. So please, give me a break with the "Holy'er than thou" attitude.

About last year, you have to get to Rupp before you can win at Rupp. Graves County would have beaten any team in the region last year. And as for Ashland "always looking for a shot at the state title". I hope you were kinding, right? In 1996, Ashland was Cinderella. They weren't supposed to get to the finals. They played a couple good games and got a little lucky with how the tourney played out.

Agreed. With a record of 19-1 or something close to that in region play this year I would easily consider that dominant. Russell is beatable, I think 3 teams in the state and one from Ohio have done it this year. Its not east though....

One more comment before its time for bed. I really enjoyd listening to Dicky tonight. Anytime I go to an Ashland game and they are losing late in the game I always head to my car just so I can hear Dicky bad mouth everyone but himself. This guy is a real piece of work. I believe he called the student section tie a "cowards way" out of it. Amazing how a guy can take two schools with great spirit cheering for two great 16th region teams and make it a negative thing.

Back to the game.

I watched the replay and Ross Turner played very well again. He has really stepped it up the last couple of games trying to make up for the loss of Gill.

Marcus Frazier continues to give great effort and really brings alot of energy to the linup as well.

Both of these players really deserver some credit stepping up.

Absolutely huge contributions, and don't forget how Jacob Ferguson has stepped up and I willl repeat my claim that Jacob would be starting for any other team in the 16th!:thumb:

These 3 guys have more than compensated for the Loss of Gill!!

I think everybody needs to back off of Onetoya, he makes a good point. Even if it is hard to swallow, Ashland has the greatest tradition of winning since the beginning of keeping stats. The national championship speaks for itself. Each year the regional championship should be decided by all teams playing for the right to face Ashland in the final. Of course the Tomcats will represent the 16th in Lexington no matter the outcome of this game. This would insure the 16th of a chance each year. The rest of us need to be happy that Ashland will allow us to be on the same court with them.

Blue Blazer had no cable last night which also translated to no internet. I each crow this morning and say I was wrong I thought that Ashland would win but Russell got too many second chance points. Ashland never quit they kept battling back, but it wasn't enough. Russell's role players (which I mean that nicely I was a role player on a very good team) stepped up and made some big plays which swung the game in Russell's favor. Ashland's student section was it's usual and it was the best Russell student section in their school's history. Great crowd last night,and I really thought that the final score would have been reversed. Well I'll say it again I was wrong!

Blue Blazer had no cable last night which also translated to no internet. I each crow this morning and say I was wrong I thought that Ashland would win but Russell got too many second chance points. Ashland never quit they kept battling back, but it wasn't enough. Russell's role players (which I mean that nicely I was a role player on a very good team) stepped up and made some big plays which swung the game in Russell's favor. Ashland's student section was it's usual and it was the best Russell student section in their school's history. Great crowd last night,and I really thought that the final score would have been reversed. Well I'll say it again I was wrong!

Not even close my friend.

I was at the regional title games vs Rowan Co in the late 80's and last night was the best Russell crowd in my 30 years of life. {Little Miss Blue Blazer just fell over} I was at Rupp last year and last night was the best if you want go go pre 1984 I'll have to take your word for it but in the last 23 years I'll say the best Russell student section!

I was at the regional title games vs Rowan Co in the late 80's and last night was the best Russell crowd in my 30 years of life. {Little Miss Blue Blazer just fell over} I was at Rupp last year and last night was the best if you want go go pre 1984 I'll have to take your word for it but in the last 23 years I'll say the best Russell student section!

That group in the late 80s was that way every game. Theme nights and all. That is by far the best I have seen since then. I think both sections need to work on some original material though.

Absolutely huge contributions, and don't forget how Jacob Ferguson has stepped up and I willl repeat my claim that Jacob would be starting for any other team in the 16th!:thumb:

These 3 guys have more than compensated for the Loss of Gill!!

Jacob Ferguson has provided a big lift off of the bench the last couple of games. Seth Harvey has also stepped in with some quality minutes.

Good to see a little spirited "debate" between the Russell and Ashland contingents. When you guys play "kissie butt", you guys are neither interesting nor honest.

The atmosphere at the game was full of electricity. It was truly a pleasure to be there. Both student sections were good and seemed to be reasonably controlled. I watched Coach Sparks and, I believe, Principal Howard patrol and hawkeye the Russell group the entire game. They did a good job as "enforcers". I didn't see anyone monitoring the Ashland group but didn't see any real problems.

If anyone had any doubts, they should have been settled. Jonathan VanHoose was clearly the dominent player on the floor. He was a coach on the floor, scored, rebounded, and played good defense. When he posted up a couple of times on McDavid, it was no contest.

Onetoya offered an olive branch of sorts in his first post but has since shown those true maroon colors and the branch has been burned. Ashlanders continue to live in the distant past and, if that new steel mill is not built pretty quickly, the future looks less than promising for them.

If it cannot be said that Russell is dominent in the region, at least we can say that they are dominent against Ashland, don't you think?