Russell 66 Ashland 53

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Shooter.... I didn't see the Blue Blazer after the game, did you? He must have slipped out the backdoor. LOL!!!

Ashland WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!:ylsuper: ---------Blue Blazer

Another Nostradomous-like prediction!!!! JK, Blazer. I still love ya. If we didn't have your predictions, what else would we talk about over holidays. They are a must!!!

You won the Region last year but that doesn't make you a dominant player in this Region.

Well, Russell is 21-1 in the region, what would it take to be "dominant"?

Who's your doddy?

:dancingpa

Both student sections were very entertaining, they were worth the price of admission by themselves:thumb:

Bonner is improving every game

If we both make it to the Regional Tournament you'll see a different team. Good luck in your District games.:thumb:

I don't know how different they could be, a week isn't too much time. I don't think they'd want to be too different. They're a very good basketball team as they are.

Well, Russell is 21-1 in the region, what would it take to be "dominant"?

Who's your doddy?

:dancingpa

Both student sections were very entertaining, they were worth the price of admission by themselves:thumb:

Bonner is improving every game

The teams that are 500 or better in the 16th. Russell is 9-1 against. That one loss by 2 points against Boyd on the Lions home floor. That's 2 wins against Ashland, 2 wins against Elliott. Postseason is a fresh start for everyone, none of these wins guarantee anything. But as far as the regular season is concerned, that is domination. You are winning at home AND on the road.

Russell hasn't been dominant in the 16th Region basketball until the past two years. Some of the transfers that Russell has now has made them the paramount program in the 16th. Now think about the program that is always looking for a shot at the state title????????????? Ashland!!!!!!!

You honestly have to kidding me that Russell basketball is even close to Ashland when you all can't even win the first game at Rupp and like many will say we haven't been there but we have in 1997. So back off.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my post and I'm guessing the others on here are simply saying Russell has dominated THIS YEAR. I don't think anyone, myself included, has said or will say Russell has dominated the 16th for the last 45 years.

They have had and are having a nice run. We are commenting on this year.

Russell hasn't been dominant in the 16th Region basketball until the past two years. Some of the transfers that Russell has now has made them the paramount program in the 16th. Now think about the program that is always looking for a shot at the state title????????????? Ashland!!!!!!!

You honestly have to kidding me that Russell basketball is even close to Ashland when you all can't even win the first game at Rupp and like many will say we haven't been there but we have in 1997. So back off.

Wow, I hope the Cats will be able to cope with not being the dominant team in the 16th for the next few years. :eek:

My bad, I thought we were talking about this year, if your going back to the begiinning of time, I would say Ashland is about the best team in the state
"was"

But their time of domination is behind them.

Morgan County racked up better numbers than anyone in the 16th for five years. Last season Russell stepped up, and it looks like they may again this year. Elliott County is on the rise. Rose Hill is improving.

Unless Ashland gets another steel mill or other large industry with lots of decent paying jobs like Toyota in Scott County, the days of maroon domination are no more.

Sad but true.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my post and I'm guessing the others on here are simply saying Russell has dominated THIS YEAR. I don't think anyone, myself included, has said or will say Russell has dominated the 16th for the last 45 years.

They have had and are having a nice run. We are commenting on this year.

Okay the next 16th Region team to make it to the FINALS of the Sweet 16 can boost.....And that's been 10 years with Ashland....

When is the last time you thought Ashland wouldn't advance???? I know one I played on that team Coached by Jeff Hall....

And in those 45 years we've had some down seasons, but not this one......You'll see:fight: