Russell 66 Ashland 53

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K.:confused:

A big record doesn't win championships:rolleyes:

Beating everyone in your region does. Its not a sure thing by any means but I do think Russell has a very good shot. At least they are not going to have to bring a different team in for the post season.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my post and I'm guessing the others on here are simply saying Russell has dominated THIS YEAR. I don't think anyone, myself included, has said or will say Russell has dominated the 16th for the last 45 years.

They have had and are having a nice run. We are commenting on this year.

We were talking about this year. At least most of us were.

Beating everyone in your region does. Its not a sure thing by any means but I do think Russell has a very good shot. At least they are not going to have to bring a different team in for the post season.

VERY good shot:devil:

And if the Red Devils win the 16th again I'll root for them in LEX!!

In the past 20 years who has been at the TOP of the 16th??

You all debate????

88 and 89 Rowan Co won the region and Russell was probably the favorite both of those years.

Through the 90s Boyd Co and Greenup Co were the teams I would say had the most success.

Since 2000 It could be argued that Rose Hill with OJ, Morgan Co and most recently Russell have been the top dogs with Elliott Co and Rose Hill back on the rise for the future.

That covers the last 20 years.

Now to be reasonable Ashland is almost always in the hunt but they have not been dominant in a long time. Nor has anybody else.

In the past 20 years who has been at the TOP of the 16th??

You all debate????

No offense intended, really. I agree that tradition is a great thing, but if you spend too much time looking at what's in the rearview mirror, you may not see what's coming at you.

It's been said that those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it It seems to me that those who expend so much energy trumpeting their history are very unlikely to repeat it.

I wish Ashland and her athletes the best, but without a significant influx of new jobs and new families to the community, there's just too much parity developing across the region.

Back to the game.

I watched the replay and Ross Turner played very well again. He has really stepped it up the last couple of games trying to make up for the loss of Gill.

Marcus Frazier continues to give great effort and really brings alot of energy to the linup as well.

Both of these players really deserver some credit stepping up.

Russell hasn't been dominant in the 16th Region basketball until the past two years. Some of the transfers that Russell has now has made them the paramount program in the 16th. Now think about the program that is always looking for a shot at the state title????????????? Ashland!!!!!!!

You honestly have to kidding me that Russell basketball is even close to Ashland when you all can't even win the first game at Rupp and like many will say we haven't been there but we have in 1997. So back off.

Oh, You're Russell Hater sign shines again!!!!! Truely, I don't even want to hear about transfer from an Ashland faithful. I'm not going to get into that conversation though. Everyone except Robinson started their HS career at Russell. Nobody said Russell's basketball tradition was better than Ashland's, Nor was anyone talking about who was the "DOMINENT" program. We were talking about this season and this season only and you brought up the regional championship last year. Whether you like it or not(and I'd say not), Russell is a dominent player in the region THIS year. Comments like yours above is what give Ashland fans a bad rep and it's sad because not all of their fans are like that but there are a select few who think "Ashland is SOOO much better than everyone else. ASHLAND IS UP HERE.....and everyone else is down here" . They're not any better or any worst than school is this region. So please, give me a break with the "Holy'er than thou" attitude.

About last year, you have to get to Rupp before you can win at Rupp. Graves County would have beaten any team in the region last year. And as for Ashland "always looking for a shot at the state title". I hope you were kinding, right? In 1996, Ashland was Cinderella. They weren't supposed to get to the finals. They played a couple good games and got a little lucky with how the tourney played out.