Russell 66 Ashland 53

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Russell was just better tonight. Drew McDavid is such a warrior. I thought he and Bonnor really kept Ashland in the game with their physical play around the basket.

The battle of the student sections was pretty much a push. Ashland was a bit more organized but neither side was doing anything original. Mostly just shouting insults at one another. On the positive side both student sections were very active and loud.

This may shock some people but that was by far the best officiated 16th region game I have seen in a while. They let them play and were consistant from start to finish. Natuarally each side had a couple of calls go against them but I thought the officials did a great job tonight.

At some point in time Russell really needs to learn to hit free throws. It Russell hits them they win going away.

Who won the "student section" contest?

I suppose everyone was satisfied with the officiating since nobody is complaining tonight, such as many other games this season.

Lastly, I guess this past week has verified the top three spots going into Districts.

The contest finished in a tie. Not suprising but pretty lame.

Ashland's offensive production was agian stymied by the Russell game plan, get up by 10+ and sit on the lead.

There is no doubt that the Tomcats can play with the Red Devils, BUT this Ashland team has to BELIEVE!

Its time to go back to work and focusing on a HOT Fairview team!!

I do think Russell did miss Gill tonight. He would be really effective against that trap by cutting to the basket. Hopefully he can make it back for the postseason.

I agree Gill is an outstanding player that makes the Russell bench even deeper. I'll say it now....The Red Devils don't want to see these Tomcats again......

Fairview is the test now.....

I agree Gill is an outstanding player that makes the Russell bench even deeper. I'll say it now....The Red Devils don't want to see these Tomcats again......

I'd say neither team will mind a rematch. If there is one it will be in Morehead and that means both teams have advanced. I also don't think either team is scared of anybody.

I don't think anyone WANTS to see Ashland anytime during the postseason. They are a very good ballclub who can beat anybody on any given night. With that said, I don't think Ashland wants to play the Devils either. They will be very difficult to beat even without Gill. He is their leading rebounder and is a scoring threat every trip down the court. It doesn't look good for him to be back before the regionals at least. I think he'll go back to the DR on Tuesday to see if his spleen has gotten better, the DR said it is a possibility for improvement.

Good win for the Devils in a very hostile environment. Good momentum builder with the districts coming next week. They need not overlook Raceland, for last time the Rams built a 16 or 17 pt lead before Russell awoke for a big comeback. It's 5 game season and it's what they've been playing for this whole season. If Russell plays their game and up to their capabilities, they're going to be very hard to beat. This region is very tough and anyone can beat anyone on any given night. Should be fun!!!

I'd say neither team will mind a rematch. If their is one it will be in Morehead and that means both teams have advanced. I also don't think either team is scared of anybody.

You won the Region last year but that doesn't make you a dominant player in this Region.

I don't think anyone WANTS to see Ashland anytime during the postseason. They are a very good ballclub who can beat anybody on any given night. With that said, I don't think Ashland wants to play the Devils either. They seem to have Ashland number right now. It's going to be tough for Russell without Gill. He is their leading rebounder and is a scoring threat every trip down the court. It doesn't look good for him to be back before the regionals at least. I think he'll go back to the DR on Tuesday to see if his spleen has gotten better, the DR said it is a possibility for improvement.

Good win for the Devils in a very hostile environment. Good momentum builder with the districts coming next week. They need not overlook Raceland, for last time the Rams built a 16 or 17 pt lead before Russell awoke for a big comeback. It's 5 game season and it's what they've been playing for this whole season. If Russell plays their game and up to their capabilities, they're going to be very hard to beat. This region is very tough and anyone can beat anyone on any given night. Should be fun!!!

If we both make it to the Regional Tournament you'll see a different team. Good luck in your District games.:thumb: