Davis will not travel with LSU to Lexington...

LSURock

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking forward to letting him know about his comments earlier in the year. I'm sure I wasnt the only one. Think he knew his comments came back to bite him and he put on a little extra show so he didnt have to come?

Absolutely not. Big Baby, like most premier college athletes, are competitors. Competitors don't want to sit on the sideline and miss a game, much less sit at home and watch their team on ESPN without them.

Say what you want about LSU this season, but their struggles are not due to lack of production from Glen Davis.

So why not make the trip and support your team? Jared Carter makes the trips.

I don't think Carter made the trip to Tennessee.

Does anyone know what the injury actually is? Maybe it's something that they cannot treat on the road. The season is starting to wind down and without a healthy Davis, LSU has no chance of making any noise in the SEC or NCAA tournament(s).

Per LSU Sports

The Tigers will attempt to do it without their leading scorer and rebounder as junior forward Glen Davis remained in Baton Rouge and did not make the trip as he continues to be bothered by the strained quad muscle in his right leg that he suffered late in the Arkansas game on Feb. 10.

Davis played both against Mississippi and Mississippi State last week, but did not complete all the practices prior to the either game and did not practice Sunday or Monday prior to the team leaving Monday afternoon for Lexington. Davis spent most of the day at the doctor's office undergoing tests on the leg.

"We are going to determine the extent of his injury and the length of time he needs to get well," LSU Coach John Brady said after Monday's practice.

"Before he goes back in a game, he needs to practice. Last week, we held him out of a few things when he wasn’t full speed and tried to play him in the game (against Mississippi State Saturday). If he doesn’t make this trip (to Kentucky), we will try and get him healthy in the next three or four days. We will take off Wednesday and we will determine if he can go this weekend (against Florida at home) by the practices. If he can get himself well to practice, than he has earned the right to play.”