Nick Petrino to Georgetown

LUCK

Congratulations to Nick. G-town has great program,coaches,academics and facilities! I hope he will be happy there but it will be an adjustment for any kid from a program like T or X. It is a great program but a small campus and program. He will play in front of less people than he did in high school. Many kids from X & T have done well there but many have left because it is simply too small. No doubt he can play on that level I just hope he is happy at that level. By the way the tution at GT is not cheap very close to $20,000.00 last time I checked.

I think his daddy can swing it:fire:

Excellent choice for Petrino!

I think this is exactly what Nick needs to do if he wants to follow his father into coaching at the highest levels. In other words, Nick is going somewhere where he can play, he will be learning from some fine coaches, and all of that experience will do nothing but help him in the future.

By the way the tution at GT is not cheap very close to $20,000.00 last time I checked.

It is presently 23k + and growing when you factor in meals, housing etc. I agree that it is small and a tough adjustment for some former players who are used to playing in front of large crowds like former T & Xmen, but the benefits for sticking it out are better than most others can offer. After getting thru Soph year, football players get first crack at the 4BR luxury apartments that are utilized by the Bengal players while at camp and most importantly, they are only 15-20 minutes away from the festivities UK has to offer at all times. My favorite former Tiger signed with and then passed on Gtown due to its size and my contention all along is that he might one day have some regrets although he is showing none yet. Coach Cronin's staff is very involved in monitoring the players both academically and athletically and IMO every 18-19 yrs old "high hormone" young male could use the extra guidance that they offer-but what do Dad's know?:D Again, congrats to Nick and I look forward to watching him play because a couple of former Tigers who remain close to my heart will be pounding the gridiron with him in the incoming years. It should be fun to watch.

It is presently 23k + and growing when you factor in meals, housing etc. I agree that it is small and a tough adjustment for some former players who are used to playing in front of large crowds like former T & Xmen, but the benefits for sticking it out are better than most others can offer. After getting thru Soph year, football players get first crack at the 4BR luxury apartments that are utilized by the Bengal players while at camp and most importantly, they are only 15-20 minutes away from the festivities UK has to offer at all times. My favorite former Tiger signed with and then passed on Gtown due to its size and my contention all along is that he might one day have some regrets although he is showing none yet. Coach Cronin's staff is very involved in monitoring the players both academically and athletically and IMO every 18-19 yrs old "high hormone" young male could use the extra guidance that they offer-but what do Dad's know?:D Again, congrats to Nick and I look forward to watching him play because a couple of former Tigers who remain close to my heart will be pounding the gridiron with him in the incoming years. It should be fun to watch.

That's the point I was trying to make, it's a great school but not for everyone. I know of a great former St.X tiger who only made it through one year because of the size. It turned out OK for him though he went on to start and star at UL and now is in his second year of pro football.