Are we going to land Jai Lucas, PG?

BigBlueFreak

Jasper & Bradley would be his competition at the PG position; however, Bradley is a much better SG than PG, and I think the same could be said about Michael Porter.

PG - Jasper & Lucas

SG - Bradley, Meeks & Porter

SF - Crawford, Meeks, Ramon Harris

PF - Stevenson, Patterson (hopefully), Morris

C - Morris, Carter

AJ Stewart will get some quality minutes as well at the 3 and 4 spots

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucas won't be here next year. Same reason Brandon Wright didn't come, he didn't want to be put behind Morris, and Lucas probably doesn't want to be put behind 3 guards in Bradley, Meeks, and Jasper!

Wright would have been at PF. He just didn't wanna play in a slow grind it out style like 90% of the recruits we lose.

Wright would have been at PF. He just didn't wanna play in a slow grind it out style like 90% of the recruits we lose.

I read in an article that Wright chose UNC because we had that whole Morris situation last year and he didn't know what was gonna happen. I don't know, but in the article it had him quoted saying that. But who really knows!

Brandan Wright didn't come to Kentucky because of the style of play that Tubby prefers. At UNC he can get up and down the court, which allows Wright to show off what he can do.

AJ Stewart may get some time at the 4, but I can't see him playing over Crawford & Meeks at the 3.

I don't think Mike Williams will ever suit up for the Wildcats, but that's just a hunch. If he doesn't, I think we'll see Pettigrew playing in Rupp.

UK needs Lucas.

Jasper has done a capable job, but he is not a threat to score from inside 5 feet. He has not shown the ability to take a defender off the dribble to the rim. Secondly, he has struggled from the foul line. He is a liability coming down the stretch.

Lucas gives you what Jasper doesn't from te PG position. The ability to hit the three point shot and the ability to penetrate and score and pitch. His AAU teammates loved playing with him.

Matter of fact, there is a distinct possibility that Lucas will be visiting UK unofficially this weekend.

Same here.

My lineup for next fall if it was up to me would be this:

Morris

Patterson

Crawford

Bradley

Jasper

1st off the bench would be Meeks.

If they do get Patterson he will not be starting. He is 6'8" and cannot score on anything but a dunk. IMO he is overated. I'd rather get Lucas.

I think Lucas' recruitment has been fuzzy as of late. I thought UK had a great shot at it, based on the teams that were in the running for him. But now he is being linked with a lot of other teams.

Who knows?

Id like to have him though.

There are no new teams.....His final four are still UK, OKST, OK, and Maryland. Duke is trying to get in with him, but he's already said he's not going to be adding anyone new.