Hazard 51 JBS 35

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow..I can't makeup my mind on which way the region will go, especially not now. JBS better get it together, or it looks like their thoughts of winning the regional tourney may be demolished. The regional tourney will be wild this year, everyone has beaten eachother, but i still like Hazard, Powell, Lee, Breathitt or JBS.

Does Hazard travel well? I know it would be a long trip from there to Richmond?

Hazard always seems to do well down toward Richmond. I believe that Hazard has won the All A around 6 times (maybe 7 not for sure, may need some help). They won the State there a couple years ago so they should be used to the trip.

I called Hazard but not by16(5). I thought that team play and defense wins championships more than the street ball and one on one. Glad to see this one turn out eventhough i wouldnt count June B. out yet, they are still talented.

How many times has June B. been to the finals and not won one? I know in 99', 01' and 07'.

Wow..I can't makeup my mind on which way the region will go, especially not now. JBS better get it together, or it looks like their thoughts of winning the regional tourney may be demolished. The regional tourney will be wild this year, everyone has beaten eachother, but i still like Hazard, Powell, Lee, Breathitt or JBS.

I think you have to put PCC in there somewhere, maybe first?

After watching this game, I would have to remove JBS from the list of favorites in the 14th. They didnt not play well at all. SEveral missed three's and If your name isnt Stepp your only job was to set screens. JBS has one of tallest big men in the 14th in Collins, and the only time he touched the ball was off of a rebound. I was totally unimpressed with Buchanon.

Good Luck to Hazard in the State.

JBS played, bad, its that simple, when your two best players have 10 points, 11 points, combined, when they usualy get around 40-45 combined, your going to get beat, and having Collins stand in the post, not used, is pretty sad, you could have game Campbell a couch to lay on down there, because he knew Collins wasnt going to be used, he should get 20 points a game, and using an inside game, would take off of Stepp and Cox, and JBS would be a ten times better team

A little suprised at the lack of posts from JBS fans.

I'm not, they don't have anyone to blame it on this time! What would they possibly have to say except for maybe next time. Nice win for the Dawgs, maybe this will be a loss that was needed by the Crusaders to get them back refocused on what they are supposed to be playing like, this was definitely not it. I'm sure it will be a different game when they play at Hazard at the end of the month. Good luck to both in the Region, oh yeah, if you both make it. Both, one or neither could possibly not even be in it, that is how close this region is. Going to be crazy!:ylsuper:

If anything, I think this All A tournament showed that the 14th region tournament will be wide open...Hazard, PCC, JBS and Breathitt have been at the top for much of the year, but that won't mean a thing when the tourny starts. Teams like Buckhorn, Powell, Letcher, etc. have a realistic chance as well. Like Jackson City last year...if one of these teams brings their best basketball to the regional tournament, they could easily win it, IMO. It should be entertaining.

If anything, I think this All A tournament showed that the 14th region tournament will be wide open...Hazard, PCC, JBS and Breathitt have been at the top for much of the year, but that won't mean a thing when the tourny starts. Teams like Buckhorn, Powell, Letcher, etc. have a realistic chance as well. Like Jackson City last year...if one of these teams brings their best basketball to the regional tournament, they could easily win it, IMO. It should be entertaining.

You forgot Lee County. They played Hazard right down to the wire in the All A, something June Buchanan didn't do.