CovCath vs. Lafayette Game POSTPONED

Student safety is obvioulsy the most important thing here, but a district rule like this makes no sense. It would have been more dangerous to transport a team in a steady rain than it would have been between Lexington and Georgetown this evening.

Let me throw this scenerio out. A Fayette County schools team wins the 11th this year. They are scheduled to play the noon state quarterfinal game on Friday but a early morning snowfall hits Lexington and area schools are cancelled. I guess the Fayette County school forfeits it's game in the Sweet 16?

That is how the policy is currently written. They would not budge today - they might in March???

I don't see that happening Sandman. I know things have changed since I attended HS, yes we did have some canceled games per school cancellation but usually only if the weather was bad after the 5am cancellation.

Did you read my post? :confused:

The weather was pretty forgiving as the day went along today, yet the game was cancelled as per rule.

That is how the policy is currently written. They would not budge today - they might in March???

A precedent has been set now. Enforcing the rule toward one school and then recinding it six weeks later to allow a different school to play could open a bunch of worms. Have some fun with this one.

Student safety is obvioulsy the most important thing here, but a district rule like this makes no sense. It would have been more dangerous to transport a team in a steady rain than it would have been between Lexington and Georgetown this evening.

Let me throw this scenerio out. A Fayette County schools team wins the 11th this year. They are scheduled to play the noon state quarterfinal game on Friday but a early morning snowfall hits Lexington and area schools are cancelled. I guess the Fayette County school forfeits it's game in the Sweet 16?

Seems most schools cancel school the day of a state tournament game, especially if it is a day game.

Seems most schools cancel school the day of a state tournament game, especially if it is a day game.

First, that isn't the case at all schools.

Second, you obviously have no clue why Lafeyette cancelled Wed. I guess. Nice job chiming in though.:rolleyes:

My question is simple, if weather forces Fayette County schools to cancel during the Sweet 16, would any Fayette school scheduled to play that day forfeit? That's what district policy would dictate.