Rose Hill

For some reason Rose Hill's boys team dropped Elliott County last year. It robbed fans of a good matchup.

I'm sorry...was this meant for this thread??I don't see the relevance. Games have to be canceled for various reasons. Just as an example Huntington High boys had to cancel with Ashland because they wanted to play someone else, there are other instances at other schools where this has happened also so I don't know why that is being singled out????Ashlanders please don't be mad I used that as an example.

Anyway, since the thread is about this years RH GIRLS team and their future...imo they have a good group of girls that can play with anyone. Like already mentioned they will struggle for a couple of years, maybe 3, but will be back in the running with their upcoming talent.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's hoping Coach Euton is successful in trying to get several more games on the schedule and I thank her for her efforts. The scuttlebutt is that a couple of the Hardin County schools are considering giving the Lady Royals a game and that LCA is willing to make the trip to Ashland for a game at Stewart Gymnasium (the RH fans will enjoy the play of LCA's Emily London).

Those three games late in the season will do much to prepare the Lady Royals for District and, hopefully, Regional competition at home.

Queen should be able to handle London with ease right :bunny: Himmelfarb.:banana:

From someone who is an outsider looking in; especially with respect to girl's basketball, it does seem curious as to how the defending state runner-up schedules essentially 10 "regular-season" games.

Back to the original topic, if the next significant influx of talent is indeed at the 5th-6th grade level; it is reasonable to expect that it will take at least three years to challenge as a regional power after this season. That based on my observations here at Mason County, whose girls started making serious noise when the core group of players were freshmen. This would be much less likely to happen with boys, as it is generally accepted that girls mature a little more quickly than boys.

Queen should be able to handle London with ease right :bunny: Himmelfarb.:banana:

They've played against one another and have been teammates as well...and maintain a good relationship (no petty jealousies like often exist elsewhere). Should they match-up, it would be fun to watch, but I suspect Britt Faulkner will guard London...if LCA is willing to make the trip.

Emily London is a great kid and a gifted all around athlete...one of those you enjoy watching even if she is your opponent. She will be playing her college ball in the OVC at Samford (Alabama).

Let me ask you...do you think Britt can handle London?

They've played against one another and have been teammates as well...and maintain a good relationship (no petty jealousies like often exist elsewhere). Should they match-up, it would be fun to watch, but I suspect Britt Faulkner will guard London...if LCA is willing to make the trip.

Emily London is a great kid and a gifted all around athlete...one of those you enjoy watching even if she is your opponent. She will be playing her college ball in the OVC at Samford (Alabama).

Let me ask you...do you think Britt can handle London?

I'd guess if the whistle doesn't sound like a trumpet in the first 15 seconds on her, I'll guess yes.

I'd guess if the whistle doesn't sound like a trumpet in the first 15 seconds on her, I'll guess yes.

Thanks, 6shot...and I agree. If Britt is allowed to play, it will be a good match-up.

London is quick and makes the best use of head and ball fakes that I've seen...and is constantly trying to look off the defender...stuff you just don't see kids doing like they should. Defending her requires a disciplined commitment to denying her the ball...when you can...staying in front of her when she has the ball, and not leaving your feet.

...but what do you think, Walrus? :cool:

From someone who is an outsider looking in; especially with respect to girl's basketball, it does seem curious as to how the defending state runner-up schedules essentially 10 "regular-season" games.

Back to the original topic, if the next significant influx of talent is indeed at the 5th-6th grade level; it is reasonable to expect that it will take at least three years to challenge as a regional power after this season. That based on my observations here at Mason County, whose girls started making serious noise when the core group of players were freshmen. This would be much less likely to happen with boys, as it is generally accepted that girls mature a little more quickly than boys.

They have a few good players in the 7-9th grades. They wont have to rely on those in the fifth and sixth to be competitive. Like I said before I think theyll be down 1-2 years