Rose Hill

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many different ways can we talk about this same topic. I'm starting to feel like Rose Hill is the only team in the area.

If you check it out, you'll find that, other than scores of games, very few of these Rose Hill threads are started by Royalettes.

Your thread topic is a little vague, Walrus, but here's some info that Rose Hill supporters might like.

Emily Queen currently has 2639 career points and 1369 career rebounds, which puts her 72 points behind West Carter’s Megen Gearhart (1998-2003, 2711 career points) for the 16th Region’s all-time career scoring lead. Her current rebound total already places her as the 16th Region all-time leader in rebounds. These figures are derived from the KHSAA’s career stats figures. The figures also rank her as the Rose Hill’s all-time leader in both categories…for both girls and boys. Were it not for the fact that the Lady Royals schedule is short of the maximum number of games that the KHSAA allows, Emily would most likely break into the top 25 all-time scoring leaders as well as the top 10 all-time rebounding leaders in the history of girls basketball in the state. Should the Lady Royals advance through the District Tournament competition and the Region, she may well accomplish both feats anyway. With only 5 games remaining on the regular season schedule, she will fall just short.

Laura Terry is 22 points away from reaching the 2000 career points total and has 788 career rebounds.

Thanks to both girls for your hard work and dedication, for what you have meant to Rose Hill and to girls basketball in the 16th Region.

If by their future you mean the R.H. girls program, I think they will be down 1-2 years and then come back strong. They have an excellent group of young girls who are gaining invaluable experience now, not unlike when Emily and Laura played alot of minutes when they were younger.

I think the future will be bright for them.

I can only hope the teams that will want to schedule R.H. next year will still play them when they develop.

If by their future you mean the R.H. girls program, I think they will be down 1-2 years and then come back strong. They have an excellent group of young girls who are gaining invaluable experience now, not unlike when Emily and Laura played alot of minutes when they were younger.

I think the future will be bright for them.

I can only hope the teams that will want to schedule R.H. next year will still play them when they develop.

...Hammonds, Day, Gambill, Cullup, among others...and Young (wait 'till you see her) :thumb:

...Hammonds, Day, Gambill, Cullup, among others...and Young (wait 'till you see her) :thumb:

They have a great group of young talent that is up and coming from their grade school ranks. Their 5th and 6th grade team is really talented, I believe the future looks good for RH. I have seen them play the are really good. Since they are not allowed to play in the Ashland City league they have been forced to play up and play against 6th graders since this bunch was in third grade.

I think for the next couple of years they will have some trouble but they are going to become a good team. Most of these girls have played up every year and they have handled it very well. If this group stays together they will be tuff in a couple of years.

Rose Hill has a good team this year. They are nothing like last years team, last year, they were a great team. I really didnt think losing the other Faulkner girl would change the team the way it did. I guess I really underestimated what a nice player she was and the way she ran the offense. I dont know what to think about the upcoming years for the Lady Royals, I do know that when they lose Queen, Terry and Faulkner they are losing 75 - 85 percent of their points,rebounds,steals,assists and blocks. The next couple of years may be rocky for Rose Hill. What Rose Hill's girls have accomplished over the last couple of seasons has in my opinion sparked a larger intrest in girl basketball at the shcool, maybe more players will come out and give it a shot.

Kala Faulkner was Rose Hills best player last year so it hurts to lose her.

Yeah, I realize that now. Terry draws a lot of attention because of the dominant player that she is, I guess I somehow over looked Kala. Shes at Louisville right ?