Rose Hill

After this year I think the Lady Royals will have a hard time. That's not to say they won't win, because that's the overall state of girls basketball, but I don't forsee them ever duplicating the success that they enjoyed the last year, or even this year. That team was built five years ago and everything came together at the right time. They don't have the talent coming up to match Queen, the Faulkners, Terry, Yates, Spradlin and the rest. Of course, there are some schools that have never had that level of talent.

The Rose Hill girls program has always gone through ups and downs, highs and lows. I remember a few years ago when their girls team almost won the 16th Region class A title. That sort of team may be in their future in 2 or 3 years.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's hoping Coach Euton is successful in trying to get several more games on the schedule and I thank her for her efforts. The scuttlebutt is that a couple of the Hardin County schools are considering giving the Lady Royals a game and that LCA is willing to make the trip to Ashland for a game at Stewart Gymnasium (the RH fans will enjoy the play of LCA's Emily London).

Those three games late in the season will do much to prepare the Lady Royals for District and, hopefully, Regional competition at home.

Here's hoping Coach Euton is successful in trying to get several more games on the schedule and I thank her for her efforts. The scuttlebutt is that a couple of the Hardin County schools are considering giving the Lady Royals a game and that LCA is willing to make the trip to Ashland for a game at Stewart Gymnasium (the RH fans will enjoy the play of LCA's Emily London).

Those three games late in the season will do much to prepare the Lady Royals for District and, hopefully, Regional competition at home.

That is good news, Gerty. Let's hope that it works out.

Frances

That is good news, Gerty. Let's hope that it works out.

Frances

Thanks, my dear. If you're not out with one of the local silver haired bachelors that evening, maybe you could catch a ride to Hardin County. I sure would like for you to see our kids give a better effort than what you saw against Shelby County.

Thanks, my dear. If you're not out with one of the local silver haired bachelors that evening, maybe you could catch a ride to Hardin County. I sure would like for you to see our kids give a better effort than what you saw against Shelby County.

If I'm in town, I could only hope that someone such as yourself (or that handsome, young Scott Pope) could come all the way down I-64 instead of taking the Bluegrass Parkway, and pick me up at the home.

I'd love to see the Royalettes play again, and I KNOW that they are better than the outing at Bellarmine.

Frances

Emily Queen currently has 2639 career points and 1369 career rebounds, which puts her 72 points behind West Carter’s Megen Gearhart (1998-2003, 2711 career points) for the 16th Region’s all-time career scoring lead. Her current rebound total already places her as the 16th Region all-time leader in rebounds. These figures are derived from the KHSAA’s career stats figures. The figures also rank her as the Rose Hill’s all-time leader in both categories…for both girls and boys. Were it not for the fact that the Lady Royals schedule is short of the maximum number of games that the KHSAA allows, Emily would most likely break into the top 25 all-time scoring leaders as well as the top 10 all-time rebounding leaders in the history of girls basketball in the state. Should the Lady Royals advance through the District Tournament competition and the Region, she may well accomplish both feats anyway. With only 5 games remaining on the regular season schedule, she will fall just short.

Laura Terry is 22 points away from reaching the 2000 career points total and has 788 career rebounds.

Thanks for the information Himmelfarb. I have watched both of these fine young ladies since they were in elementary school and both have exhibited a great deal of class and skill. I look forward to watching their careers at the next level.

If I'm in town, I could only hope that someone such as yourself (or that handsome, young Scott Pope) could come all the way down I-64 instead of taking the Bluegrass Parkway, and pick me up at the home.

I'd love to see the Royalettes play again, and I KNOW that they are better than the outing at Bellarmine.

Frances

I will keep you posted...you have the baked goods ready.

Thanks for the information Himmelfarb. I have watched both of these fine young ladies since they were in elementary school and both have exhibited a great deal of class and skill. I look forward to watching their careers at the next level.

My thanks to you as well. It will be strange, but fun, seeing them go against one another next year when MTSU and Louisville meet. One other interesting aside...Louisville and MTSU are currently rated #18 and #19 respectively.

In defense of the Rose Hill schedule, I believe that four games were allocated for the Class A tournament. Of course, Raceland put an end to that. However, at the beginning of the year I think it was quite reasonable to believe that Rose Hill would reach the tournament and very possibly go to the finals. The way the brackets are shaping up would add credence to that assumption. There is also the fact, for whatever reasons may be stated, that Rose Hill's "neighbors", other than Boyd County (home and home) , East Carter (once at East Carter), and West Carter (once at West Carter), Fairview (once at RH), and Elliott County (once at RH) didn't schedule any games with the state finalists. To date, Rose Hill's girls have played only two home games this year- one with BC and one with LexCath. That's it.

Coach Euton is trying to schedule additional games with teams from down state. It is difficult for now but, of course, Coach Euton will have no trouble scheduling games next season.

Talked to a couple of the AD,s in the 16th and was told by them that Rose Hill does not do their schedual until most teams are done. This may come from not having a full time AD. or not. I am not close to the situation and do not know how true this is, but I know around here most basketball scheduals are done for the next season shortly after the current season ends.

Whatever the case, it will be nice to see the Lady Royals get more time on the court...whether at home or away...and with kind of competition Coach Euton appears to be trying to schedule, she clearly is trying to get her team ready for post-season play in what has become a toss-up of a region.

Talked to a couple of the AD,s in the 16th and was told by them that Rose Hill does not do their schedual until most teams are done. This may come from not having a full time AD. or not. I am not close to the situation and do not know how true this is, but I know around here most basketball scheduals are done for the next season shortly after the current season ends.

I know that that spin has been used repeatedly by local ADs. However, I would think that area schools would take steps to make sure that they got a game or two with another local that is coming off a state finalist season. Those scheduling efforts go in two directions- not one. Telephones, faxes, emails, etc. actually go in both directions. If they wanted to schedule Rose Hill, as several seem to imply, all they had to do was initiate the effort. They didn't.

So, basically, Ashland (in collusion with a couple of other 16th region teams) is also now responsible for the fact that Rose Hill didn't schedule a full complement of games?

Where does the martyrdom end?

When do you become responsible for your own fate?

At what point does the rest of the world no longer owe you a free pass every time you drop the ball?

The cheese from this line of reasoning has mold on it.

Frances

Come on Frances. I am saying that the fact that passing off the lack of local games on the Rose Hill AD is a little disingenuous since contact goes in both directions. For Ashland (you named them, not me) or any other locals to place the lack of the games with said locals on Pam Euton is less than honest. That is true regardless of who may be making the charge.

I know that you are a cheerleader for the maroons but at least have a legitimate argument and don't be so condescending. It doesn't work.

Come on Frances. I am saying that the fact that passing off the lack of local games on the Rose Hill AD is a little disingenuous since contact goes in both directions. For Ashland (you named them, not me) or any other locals to place the lack of the games with said locals on Pam Euton is less than honest. That is true regardless of who may be making the charge.

I know that you are a cheerleader for the maroons but at least have a legitimate argument and don't be so condescending. It doesn't work.

It looks like it's our day to shut down threads, scooterbob.

I mentioned Ashland by name, even though you left little doubt (as usual) about who is to blame for every possible problem that arises at Rose Hill.

I see absolutely nothing condescending in pointing out your unceasing attempts to paint Ashland, Boyd County, Greenup County, Fairview, and anyone else not named Rose Hill for your problems. It is beyond "old" - it is archaic.

I have it from good authority that Rose Hill waited until September to contact Russell about the possibility of playing. I also know that Ashland did not contact Rose Hill for a game this year - NOR DID ROSE HILL CONTACT ASHLAND. The difference is that Ashland has chosen to have a full schedule, and isn't blaming Rose Hill for the lack of a game. I also know that Ashland sent Rose Hill a contract for a game FIVE different times last season - none of which was returned.

As has been mentioned before in this thread, the VAST majority of schools build their schedules at the end of the current season. If Rose Hill wants to play other area schools, they have as much obligation to contact that school as the other way around. If you don't sign and return a contract for a game, then at least have the decency to admit that, rather than trying to paint the other school as the culprit.

Please keep in mind that I am not blaming Pam Euton, or anyone else at Rose Hill. For all I know, they may have made a conscious decision to play less than a full schedule. I have no quarrel with Rose Hill's scheduling, whether they play 27 games, 17 games, or 7 games. I do however, have a problem with watching you, or anyone else, lay their shortage of games at the feet of the AD's of the rest of the schools in the 16th Region.

If they want games, they can certainly schedule Ohio or West Virginia teams as they see fit.

Frances