Everything posted by Royal mom
-
Rose Hill 61 Russelll 51 16th Regional Championship
Congratulations to the Lady Royals on another fine accomplishment. I am sure Coach Euton is especially proud of this championship since it was a lot harder to earn with a shorter bench. Good luck in Bowling Green Lady Royals.
-
Raceland 63 Russell 62
Russell should win this game, but Coach Trimble is a sly old dog and he may have a trick or two up his sleeve.
-
Rose Hill 54 Ashland 35
Once again the Lady Royals were able to accomplish something that the boys team has never accomplished, win a District title. Good luck to both the Lady Royals and the Kittens as they get ready for Morehead. I think the girls tournament is going to be wide open.
-
Rose Hill - Ashland Predictions
Emily Queen it the key. She has to stay out of foul trouble in the first half. If she has 2 or less fouls at the break Rose Hill will cruise to the championship. However, if she spends significant time on the bench with fouls then the Kittens have a chance.
-
Coach of the year in the 16th
I don't think Coach Fraley will ever win Coach of the Year in the 16th Region for the same reason Jeff Hall didn't win it (in spite of the fact he was Kentucky's AP Coach of the Year). There is just too much bias against Rose Hill because it is a private school. Personally, I think Coach Fraley has done an outstanding job this year, but I would give Coach of the Year to either Rick Mays or Coach Dodd.
-
Boyd County 54 Rose Hill Christian 43
I agree Scooter, as usual, your comments are direct and truthful. I think Rose Hill is going to have to expand it's talent beyond the "big 2" if they want to enjoy the kind of success the girls had last year.
-
Boyd County 54 Rose Hill Christian 43
I 2nd (or 3rd) the congratulations to Coach Pratt. It was a well deserved win and I think he deserves a trip to Morehead. I am sure that Coach Fraley is down after a tough loss for his young Royals, however, in a couple of days (or weeks) he will realize that the sun still comes up in the morning and things still look good for his teams future.
-
Boyd County 54 Rose Hill Christian 43
I think that comment is way overboard. I may not always agree with the Ashland fans, but I think Tomcat_Fan was just giving an honest observation. :argue:
-
Jim Hicks back on the Bench at Greenup County?
I agree. If I had a child on the team that is a senior I would not be happy. It is disappointing for the players.
-
Basketball coach fired for comments
I have reads through this thread and this was probably the most accurate comment. Yes, having both played and coached I think that what is said in the locker room should stay, but that doesn't mean anything goes
-
Paintsville 60 Elliott Co 53
Sounded like a great game. Good luck to paintsville the rest of the way!
-
Coach Hicks' Reinstatement
I like Coach Hicks, but I think it is going to be hard to get over all of the negativity. If he can get the team to band together with a "us against the world" mentality he may pull it off. A trip to Morehead would heal a lot of wounds.
-
Elliott Co/Paintsville Updates
Go Elliot Co., make the 16th Region proud!!!
-
GRC vs Ashland
Right now Ashland is playing well, and everyone on this site agrees. But from what I know and have heard of Clark Co. they are going to be too tough for Ashland. I predict Clark Co. by 8
-
Most enjoyable coaches.......
Paintsville's Coach was quite a character. He was especially funny in the ESPN special a few years back
-
Ashland vs. East Carter Predictions
Ashland is playing well right now. I think they will continue to play well against East Carter.
-
Great article on Raceland / All A Classic
Good Luck to Coach Trimble and the Lady Rams. They'll represent the 16th Region well. I have known Coach Trimble for 20 years and he is really deserving of coaching his team on this stage.
-
Running as punishment; acceptable or abusive
I think running as "punishment" is fine, however, I don't think a coach is doing his team a service by just making them run. I have coached and whenever I had the team run they always did it in conjunction with another skill, usually ball handling. eg. dribble suicides, full court passing drills, or similar drills. Whenever we did drills I always wanted the team to be learning or enforcing at least two skills per drill.
-
Oak Hills 56 Rose Hill 45
Not to get on that whole "Coach Hart was out of line at the Ashland/Rose Hill game," again, but I was sitting behind the Rose Hill bench, not too far from Coach Hart and the whole thing. I think what Coach Hart was doing was distracting Coach Fraley from Rose Hill. Unfortunatly, Coach Hart was fairly successful at doing that because there was a span in the game when Tim's attention seemed to be a lot more on the Ashland crowd (Coach Hart in particular) rather than the action on the floor.
-
Top five players in the 16th region
Top 5 1. Vanhoose 2. Mcdavid 3. Euton 4. M. Thomas 5. Alex Barker
-
Shelby Valley 71 Rose Hill 41
What do you mean by this Himmelfarb? I know that you are close to the team. Is the team playing undisiplined basketball or do they look undisicplined in their appearance and attitude? There is a difference.
-
Oak Hills 56 Rose Hill 45
It seems as though we have gotten way off topic in this thread. Back to Rose Hill's loss. This is their third straight. Although I don't want to see it, is their youth and lack of experience starting to catch up to them? It appears some of the 16th Region teams (yes, including those that wear maroon) are starting to put things together, while it appears some others are starting to fall apart. What do you think?
-
Ashland 68 Rose Hill 47
I think that everyone agrees that the future looks birght, of course, Rose Hill has been down that street before.
-
Ashland 68 Rose Hill 47
That's an excellent point. I think that with their athleticism Rose Hill should press a lot more and be a lot more active on the floor. I think that if they did that more it would change the pace of the game and make it more of a style that they play best. I did notice that when Johnny Bush entered the game he helped pick up the pace. Johnny doesn't have the skills of some of the other players, but he makes up for it with his hustle and grit.
-
Ashland 68 Rose Hill 47
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: In spite of his 1960's look, he does a great job of coaching