Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Hicks' Reinstatement

Featured Replies

Do you think Coach Hicks can get his team back to their winning ways when he is reinstated next week?

Do you think Coach Hicks can get his team back to their winning ways when he is reinstated next week?

 

Ah..............no. The will lose with or without him.

I don't believe that he will be reinstated and at this point I don't think he would be very successfully at restoring this team. I truly believe that the Musketeers could've been a contender, but now they are suffering irreversible damages. It is shame these kids have been put through this and if I was Hick's I'm not sure if I would want to come back to the current situation as I believe that he is in a no win situation. He will constantly be berated by the same outside forces and in reality he has no stability and will not be welcomed back. Unfortunately the players all realize this and that is a shame, because I really believe that Coach Hicks had the GC program turned back in the right direction.

Is this the same school system that fired a coach that had taken his team to the state 1/4 finals for letting his team eat at Hooters?

I don't believe that he will be reinstated and at this point I don't think he would be very successfully at restoring this team. I truly believe that the Musketeers could've been a contender, but now they are suffering irreversible damages. It is shame these kids have been put through this and if I was Hick's I'm not sure if I would want to come back to the current situation as I believe that he is in a no win situation. He will constantly be berated by the same outside forces and in reality he has no stability and will not be welcomed back. Unfortunately the players all realize this and that is a shame, because I really believe that Coach Hicks had the GC program turned back in the right direction.

 

Well said

Is this the same school system that fired a coach that had taken his team to the state 1/4 finals for letting his team eat at Hooters?

As a matter of a fact it is the same school system with the same political; nonsense. That was Coach Randy Ward and he was subsequently rehired and fired again after the 2000 season. He was fired by a prior superentedent who had a son who played for him and she held a private vendetta against Ward since her son's playing days. The reason behind his firing was given as "aiding" as student by getting his grades changed to get him eligible. The facts are that this was never proven and said student was actually enrolled in a correspondence course to gain eligibility after moving from out of the area. In reality students do correspondence all the time in order to graduate early or gain eligibility. Most people after seven years now realize that Ward's dismissal was a huge politically motivated cooked up scheme that has effected the school not only athletically, as the school spirit is no were near the same when he was leading the Musketeers deep into the post season each year. I always found it amazing that even though he had his share of detractors, they were all there cheering his teams on and jumping on the bandwagon come March.

Well said General....I find it very difficult to believe that everyone thinks that the GC season is over because of a three game skid. How many other teams are being written off because of a THREE game losing streak?

 

Don't write the Musketeers off just yet.

Well said General....I find it very difficult to believe that everyone thinks that the GC season is over because of a three game skid. How many other teams are being written off because of a THREE game losing streak?

 

Don't write the Musketeers off just yet.

The problem beyond the 3 game skid is that the Musketeers are now hitting a tough part of the schedule. They have some tough games ahead aside from their three losses and Russell. Next week will tell you a lot about the Musketeers as the face East Carter, Ashland, and Raceland. That is a tough one as the latter two are on the road.

A team could lose every game left on their schedule. A first game victory in Districts can erase everything.

 

Don't write the Musketeers off just yet.

Hopefully it will not/has not compltely ruined the season for them. Depends on how beat down the kids are from all of the contoversy that has been pretty much all season. Imo it is just a shame that coaches, school admin, parents all can't realize that it is about the kids. They are the ones that all of this is hurting while the above mentioned are having their power stuggle or whatever it is there.

I honestly dont know what Greenup will do the rest of the season. I do know its a shame that they are having to go through this during their season. I dont see how or why Coach Hicks would come back after the way I've seen the guy act, he should have stepped down as head coach of the team and let the assistants handle it for the remainder of the year if nothing else to clear some of the kids minds.

I like Coach Hicks, but I think it is going to be hard to get over all of the negativity. If he can get the team to band together with a "us against the world" mentality he may pull it off. A trip to Morehead would heal a lot of wounds.

I like Coach Hicks, but I think it is going to be hard to get over all of the negativity. If he can get the team to band together with a "us against the world" mentality he may pull it off. A trip to Morehead would heal a lot of wounds.

 

All very true. A trip to Morehead would help smooth over a lot of what has happened this year. He has something that all coaches need to have, he has passion. There's a big difference between having passion for the game and acting like a 7 year old when things dont go your way though.

Why does anyone think he will be reinstated?

Will he accept the terms offered to him after the first suspension this time around if offered?

As a matter of a fact it is the same school system with the same political; nonsense. That was Coach Randy Ward and he was subsequently rehired and fired again after the 2000 season. He was fired by a prior superentedent who had a son who played for him and she held a private vendetta against Ward since her son's playing days. The reason behind his firing was given as "aiding" as student by getting his grades changed to get him eligible. The facts are that this was never proven and said student was actually enrolled in a correspondence course to gain eligibility after moving from out of the area. In reality students do correspondence all the time in order to graduate early or gain eligibility. Most people after seven years now realize that Ward's dismissal was a huge politically motivated cooked up scheme that has effected the school not only athletically, as the school spirit is no were near the same when he was leading the Musketeers deep into the post season each year. I always found it amazing that even though he had his share of detractors, they were all there cheering his teams on and jumping on the bandwagon come March.

It is amazing that any GC hoops coach let go never did anything wrong. I always believed in the "where there is smoke there is fire" adage, but I guess not.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.