Rose Hill - Ashland Predictions

Ashland has a shot in this game if they can get some early calls to go their way. Take away one of Rose Hill's big three and things can get interesting quick. Thats about their only shot though. They have some girls who can shoot the three very well, that might keep them in the game for a while. Rose Hill is 10 times more physical than Ashland is. I would say Queen and Terry will go for 25 each in this one.

Rose Hill by 18

Ashland 47

Rose Hill 65

Ashland has a shot in this game if they can get some early calls to go their way. Take away one of Rose Hill's big three and things can get interesting quick. Thats about their only shot though. They have some girls who can shoot the three very well, that might keep them in the game for a while. Rose Hill is 10 times more physical than Ashland is. I would say Queen and Terry will go for 25 each in this one.

Rose Hill by 18

Ashland 47

Rose Hill 65

Very good analysis although I think the score will be somewhat closer. If the referees allow the girls to play, Rose Hill should prevail but if the referees choose to "micro-manage", it could be otherwise.

Ashland showed a lot of perseverence in its game with Boyd County. That speaks highly of its girls and its coaches.

Very good analysis although I think the score will be somewhat closer. If the referees allow the girls to play, Rose Hill should prevail but if the referees choose to "micro-manage", it could be otherwise.

Ashland showed a lot of perseverence in its game with Boyd County. That speaks highly of its girls and its coaches.

A lot of this game will also depend on how well Ashland is hitting the long ball. I dont see the Kittens being able to get many points inside unless a player or two are out in foul trouble. Rose Hill should start out in a zone and make them shoot the long ball. They were cold in the first half of the Boyd game but caught fire during the fourth. Freethrows killd the Lady Lions against Ashland. I think at one point in the third they had goe 1 for 8.

Emily Queen it the key. She has to stay out of foul trouble in the first half. If she has 2 or less fouls at the break Rose Hill will cruise to the championship. However, if she spends significant time on the bench with fouls then the Kittens have a chance.

I too have to agree that if RH stays out of foul trouble then RH should pull out the win, but I don't know if it will be as easy as some of these posts are saying. Remember that a month ago RH lost to a Raceland team that Ashland has since beaten. Also how will the young ones play for RH in a championship district game? I also believe that the young Kittens may have grown up a little bit the other night against Boyd.

Well, enough of playing devil's advocate. I think both teams are playing hard and with teamwork lately. I think it is great that regardless of the outcome, RH will have a chance to defend their regional championship with another trip to Morehead. Also it is nice to see Ashland make a regional trip after their absence for the last few years. Good luck to both teams!!!!!!!

Rose Hill by 10 (if they stay out of foul trouble). "If" foul trouble plagues the Lady Royals the Kittens could pull the upset in this one. Imo from what all I can understand Ashland has came a long way from the beginning of the season.

Rose Hill by 12-15. I think that if the Lady Royals can get Ashland down by double figures early it will take too much out of the Kittens to mount a comeback. A big key is Britt Faulkner staying on the court. When she gets in foul trouble and has to go to the bench that not only takes away maybe the best defender that the Lady Royals has but also a key ball handler for them as well. I think the world of both teams and coaches but would love to see the Lady Royals make another great post season run.