Players from past and present.

For former players and present.

Who is the hardest/best player that you have ever had to guard?

You personally had to go up against him.

Did he make you look stupid (go ahead, you can admit it!), or were you able to shut him down?

Ronny Dawn - NCC - made me look stupid, he did that to many. (Think we held him to 15 points, but his penetration and dish off to Seth Lynn was money all night)

Tony Key - Russelville - 6'10'' center, we held him to 15 points as well. We (Bishop Brossart) had a bunch of 6'1'' guys.

Does anybody know what ever happened to Tony Key? I thought I heard he was trying out for some NBADL team, is that correct?

Jack Jennings put 40 on me that night and I thought I had done a pretty good job.

Darren Blassengame put 36 on me one night.

But the #1 toughest player I ever attempted to guard was Rodney Rodgers at Prep Stars camp one summer in the late 80's. I'm glad there weren't any digital cameras back then... or I'd look like the guy in the green jersey on raginroyal80's picture

Those two were good Hoops Yoda. During HS play I'd say Keith Greene from Newport, he was one heck of a player. My most embarrasing moment was in AAU, we played Lexington Salvation Army, they had Corey Williams (Bourbon, Norfolk St.) and Nimbo Hammonds (GW). Coach put me in for a brief moment, tried to take a charge, and ended up with a pair of boys in my face courtesy of Williams' crotch.

Those two were good Hoops Yoda. During HS play I'd say Keith Greene from Newport, he was one heck of a player. My most embarrasing moment was in AAU, we played Lexington Salvation Army, they had Corey Williams (Bourbon, Norfolk St.) and Nimbo Hammonds (GW). Coach put me in for a brief moment, tried to take a charge, and ended up with a pair of boys in my face courtesy of Williams' crotch.

The one time I played against Greene - he was just coming off a knee injury and was basically playing on one leg.

Nimbo wore a hooded sweatshirt to the Scott Co. v/s Bryan Station game the other night while coaching the JV game - he's on Bryan Station's staff. I think he might still consider himself more player than coach:lol:

The hardest and best player I think I played against was Ronny Dawn. Same as said above, it seemed like we threw every player on the bench at him trying to do something. For those who don't know I played at St. Henry for Coach Faust. We tried to get physcial with him, we tried to put speed on him so he couldn't get open, we even would foul him everytime, but he was like a 85% FT shooter. I probably played against Ronny 4-7 times and he was never held to under 15 points.

One time I was gaurding him and he was at the point, crossing halfcourt. Coach Faust had told me not to let him have an open look, so I was up on him. He dribbled the ball on a full sprint to the 3pt line, pulled up on a dime, and knocked the 3 down with my hand in his face. Coach looked at me and just said "give him a step or two". The very next time down the floor he took the point the again, crossed half court. I played off of him a little like coach said, this time giving him about 5-8ft. He took two dribbles pulled up from about 27'ft and kocked it down. I looked at Coach Faust and said "Now what do ya want me to do?"

Most embarassing moment though was going into my senior year we went to Travis Ford's EKU summer camp. There were like 8 teams or so but threre weren't that many good teams besides us, NCC (ronny again) and Bryan Station. Station wasn't great but they had this 6'6" atheltic as heck center, I think his name was Terren Harbut. The boy was ripped and could jump out of the gym. All I remember was Station taking the ball out of bounds under their basket. Coach said go 2-3, I was on the bottom, next thing I know Harbuts junk is in my face and he's hanging on the rim. I'm 6'3". One heck of a dunk on an oop from the outbounds pass. My teammates never let me hear the end of that one.

Ronny Dawn - NCC - made me look stupid, he did that to many. (Think we held him to 15 points, but his penetration and dish off to Seth Lynn was money all night)

Tony Key - Russelville - 6'10'' center, we held him to 15 points as well. We (Bishop Brossart) had a bunch of 6'1'' guys.

Does anybody know what ever happened to Tony Key? I thought I heard he was trying out for some NBADL team, is that correct?

I still want to know what happened to Tony Key from Russellville???:confused:

I still want to know what happened to Tony Key from Russellville???:confused:

Just googled up Tony Key, went from LA Centennial HS to Mountain State JC. Apparently Mountain State's coach was involved in some sort of recruting money maker. Never could actually find Key's whereabouts through google.

The one time I played against Greene - he was just coming off a knee injury and was basically playing on one leg.

Nimbo wore a hooded sweatshirt to the Scott Co. v/s Bryan Station game the other night while coaching the JV game - he's on Bryan Station's staff. I think he might still consider himself more player than coach:lol:

I remember the first time I ever met Nimbo was during the Don Layne TU camp in '87. During the week talked a bit and he invited me to his room during one of the breaks during the day. About 20 of us crammed a TU dorm room while he inserted the new Eddie Murphy Raw cassette, it was hilarious until the RA walked in and layed the smack down. At that time he was a big kid, I guess he trimmed down a bit while at Station and became a major force. They had some good teams at GW with him, Shawnta Roberts and Stinka Dare.

I only played basketball in high school until the summer of my sophomore year, so I don't have many. However, the hardest person I have ever tried to guard was Ross Neltner from Highlands. I was a young sophomore, and he was a mature senior. He would bring me outside, and take two dribbles, pull up, and hit the jumper. If I played back off, he'd hit a three. He posted me up, and scored. I was glad when I eventually fouled out!!!