Players from past and present.

Just googled up Tony Key, went from LA Centennial HS to Mountain State JC. Apparently Mountain State's coach was involved in some sort of recruting money maker. Never could actually find Key's whereabouts through google.

Mountain State is an NAIA school. They have played Georgetown college several times in the NAIA national tournament. It used to be called College of West Virginia. I don't think he ever played a game there, but he was on their roster several years ago.

I don't remember any of the players names, or even the schools they were from but when I was in the 6th grade we went to Travis Ford's EKU camp, the problem was it wasn't a middle school camp but a high school camp, and I played Center, I ended up having to guard guys that were around 6 ft. 6 when I was just entering Middle School.

My sophomore year in 87' I had to guard Tony Carlton of Gallatin Co, he was lights out and I actually dogged him the whole game. I think he had 42 that night but I believe we won the game. I remember my coach being happy about the victory and jokingly saying that I did a good job on him holding him to just over 40pts. ha ha

Other than that, probably playing Holmes in the District my jr. year. Jack Jennings was averaging 35pts a game at the time and I fronted him while our Center played behind him in a Triangle and 2 zone. We kept the game close and only lost by 10 in a high scoring game like 92-82 and we felt good about holding Jack to 29pts. : ) Not so sure feeling good about a loss is such a positive thing but he was an excptional player in the paint. He could drop step you on a dime if you went one on one with Bingo.

I'm showing my age but my senior season I played against Dirk Minnifield at Lafayette, Melvin Turpin at Bryan Station, and Glenn Napier at M.C. Napier who went on to have an outstanding career at Morehead. All three made me look like a grade schooler.