Everything posted by old pro
-
39th District Draw
Any draw is a good draw for MC in this district.
-
Mason County 51 Clark County 43
Where are all the clark county faithful on the board tonight. Oh I forgot they are still traveling home. Hey, we need to play at the Bank every year.
-
Mason County 51 Clark County 43
As I stated in a thread earlier without the bench of Clark County on a college floor, you had to believe Clark County wouldn't be able to run with Mason County for 4 quarters of play. The score wouldn't have been close if we make any free throws early in the 4th. It's a matter of time that Zollo, and company would run out of gas. I don't think you can play 6 guys in a regional final, and expect a positive outcome unless 5 zollo's or stensil's showed up tonight. Great effort Cards, I think we need to rename the Bank of Kentucky Center the Mason County Showcase CENTER!!! GO ROYALS! Shelby Valley will be a tough challenge, we will need to play much better at Rupp.
-
10th Region Final: Mason County vs. George Rogers Clark
This won't be much of a game! I went up last night, and I noticed two major concerns Clark County will have early. MC will push the ball in transition, and clark doesn't have the bench to keep up with MC. This game will be over by the end of the 3rd quarter. If anyone went last night. Montgomery might have brought 200 fans, and mason county didn't do much better. The facility is great. I hope Clark county loves the 2 hour drive, which will effect performance as well. Mason wins this game 65-50. Purchase tickets for Shelby valley, now that will be a test.
-
Mason Co. 2003 vs. Mason Co. 2008...
I have read all these post, however everyone's forgetting two factors. These teams are great teams 03 & 08. I believe 04 might have been better than both teams. Now, the X factor on the 03 team is Lofton, he finds the basket, and the bench factor is something that hasn't been discussed in this thread. Sorry, county fans, but the 03 bench was tremendous, and rallied the Royals to the 03 state championship. The 08 bench isn't comparable to the 03 bench. I doubt there will be any disagreement in that statement. Across the board, I am proud to be a royal.
-
Rank the sweet 16
MC papa: I want to make a few adjustments to your rankings. Your on the right track wise one. I am Joe Linardi for Kentucky when it comes to Bracketology. 1. Lexington Catholic 2. Mason County 3. Holmes 4. Central 5. Jeffersontown 6. UHA 7. Paducah Tilgman 7. Elliott County 8. Paintsville 9. Hazard 10. Bardstown 11. Owensboro 12. Lincoln Co. 13. Greenwood 14. Shelby County 15. South Laurel
-
Mason Co vs Elliott Co (First Round of Sweet 16)
Mason County fans this game will be worth watching next Thursday night. Mason County's pressure will play a role in this game, and matchups will be once again trouble for Elliott County. Mason will pull away late 3rd quarter. Royals will take this game by 12 or 15, but it will be a battle.
-
Mason Co 82 Montgomery Co 61 ( 10th region final)
My predictions were accurate, however after going to watch Catholic last night. Mason will need to make a few adjustments, but we will be right there in the thick of the sweet 4. Keep your eyes open for a tough matchup against Paducah Tilgman, but should be ready for Saturday. Royals roll tonight by 21. Congrats to the seniors, and Mason Co.
-
Mason Co vs Montgomery Co updates ( 10th region finals)
Mason 57-38 Also announced into the hall of fame was Danny Boyd - missed by all
-
Lexington Catholic 79 Bryan Station 63
Neutral fan, What I saw tonight better wake up the state. I saw the two of the top 5 teams in the state, and let's just say Lex. Catholic shot the ball extremely well. Bryan Station needs to adjust at halftime on Smart, and reduce the number of chances going to trap. Catholic was too strong in the front court with the ball. Also, note the officials for this game were challenged in the first half. They missed several walks that led to baskets. I truly think you need a college crew officiating a game of this magnitude. They just didn't do a very good job in the first half. The second half was all Catholic, Station took too many chances. They are definitely the best I have seen this late in the season. If they keep shooting 60 percent from the field watch out they can walk to the finals.
-
Mason Co vs Montgomery Co (10th Region Finals)
I hope Montgomery brings a crowd because this one will probably be one of those games they will want to forget. Honestly, the defensive pressure, and shot selection will be tested. Mason won by 6, but you add the pressure of the stage and magnitude of this game. Mason by at least 12 tomorrow night. Short drive home for Montgomery Co. I bet your glad the region is at home this year.
-
LexCath vs. Bryan Station - 11th Region Championship
I will be at this game. Bryan Station & Lex. Catholic match up perfectly to bad they can't let both go to state, and let the ?th region stay at home. Honestly, both teams would be in the semi-finals at rupp. Bryan Stations pressure will not shake catholic, however athletism maybe the key to their victory. Catholic is heady & on a roll, but the bus stops short of Rupp on Tuesday night for the knights. Bryan station by 5. late free throws will seal this game. I have watched catholic 2 and station 2 this year.
-
Montgomery County 66 Mason County 58
Lady Indians may have prevailed tonight, however tomorrow's task doesn't look easy. Scott will be on their high horse and ready to go. Lucky your at home this year, or um I smell upset.
-
10th Region Tourney Host
Everyone will stop complaining soon as Mason moves past Clark & Montgomery. I just wish it was over already. Have a nice off season.
-
Whats the best tourney the sweet 16 or 11th
JUST this year. I would take the 11th & 7th region, throw in Mason Co. and Male for a sweet sixteen. Now, this would be worth paying for because the 11th has 3 teams capable of winning the state tournament. The 7th region may have 2 teams capable of winning the state title. Everyone as far as I can see will be chasing Bryan Station. Sheldon Mack is an amazing talent. UK should have recruited this kid.
-
10 th Region pairing
Congrats to coach simms and PC, too bad they couldn't have gotten a better draw. I don't think anyone will have to worry about the crowds with these matchups, and only one mc will in the finals, go figure. Have fun watching the 40 pt games 1st, 20 pt semis, and 15pt finals.
-
10th Region Awards
My post honestly only needs to address the only potential team to have an outright shot at the state title. Best performance as a team: Mason Co. over Lex Cath at Memorial coliseum. D. Miller just went to the next level, and took the team on his broad shoulders. Worst performance as a team: Mason Co. vs Scott Co. @ home. Wow! enough said, we played 4 quarters without anyone in sync. Turnover after turnover, oh and of course shooting 35 % for the game from the field. Best coach: Mason County Coaching Staff Player of the Year: Mason County's Darius Miller, absolutely hands down. Nobody can penetrate if he is in the lane. Freshman of the Year: Neil Pawsatt, Div. 1 prospect: I saw Rich Brooks yesterday, and put a bug in his ear. Mr. Hustle: Kenton Murphy: Manager, Mason Co. Boy's Varsity. Now, this is Mr. Hustle with the towels and water. This kid needs some respect. We forget the little guys. My Mr. Hustle Kenton Murphy. I hope everyone enjoys the 10th region tournament. A special thanks to Danny Weddle, I will listen to this one on the radio.
-
Mason County vs. Augusta: 39th Region Championship Updates
I hope Gilbert gets his 12 again tonight.
-
Mason County vs. Augusta: 39th Region Championship Updates
D. Miller show tonight. Augusta might want to start the bus.
-
Pendleton County 70 Harrison County 68
Pendelton County needed this win! Great Job! This will be a move in the right direction for the pc ball club. Good luck in the region.
-
Darius Miller Gets 2000th Point
A great accomplishment go to the books, Feldhaus, Myrick, Lofton, Miller! These are the great ones.
-
Mason Co. vs. St. Pat Update
My prediction was close 94-41. What do you think papa? Your going to owe me a pop.
-
Mason County/Boone County Updates
huh, wow.
-
Mason County/Boone County Updates
Mason leads this one 20-7 at the Half. Not what most predicted!
-
Mason 63 Bishop Brossart 57
What team would want to sit in front of the Mason County fans? I am sure that had something to do with it. Those boys and girls get a little rowdy behind the bench.