Whats the best tourney the sweet 16 or 11th

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

region tourney. I bet you wont see better games or teams then what you will see next week in the 11th. Its my opinion that the 11th region is harder to win than the sweet 16!

The 11th has 3 good teams. So you'll see maybe 1 or 2 really good games. The sweet 16 is the final top 16 teams.

I'll take the sweet 16 over the 11th region tourney.

region tourney. I bet you wont see better games or teams then what you will see next week in the 11th. Its my opinion that the 11th region is harder to win than the sweet 16!

Your arrogance precedes you. In the 7th Region tourney you have 5 top 20 teams, are top 10, and 3 have been top 5 at one point this season. Some teams in the 7th will have to win 3 straight games against top 20 or top 10 teams just to reach Rupp. I would say the 11th has its equal with the 7th region.

Your arrogance precedes you. In the 7th Region tourney you have 5 top 20 teams, are top 10, and 3 have been top 5 at one point this season. Some teams in the 7th will have to win 3 straight games against top 20 or top 10 teams just to reach Rupp. I would say the 11th has its equal with the 7th region.

The 7th has good depth, but the 11th has three top five teams. But I would pick the Sweet 16 for the overall experience.

Considering that you have to win 4 games to win the Sweet 16 and 3 games to win the 11th, I'd have to say that the Sweet 16 is more of a challenge than your 11th. :sleep:

Considering that you have to win 4 games to win the Sweet 16 and 3 games to win the 11th, I'd have to say that the Sweet 16 is more of a challenge than your 11th. :sleep:

You have to win 3 games and will avoid one of the big 3 until the finals as well. Only 2 good games in that region tourney. Sweet 16, every game is a good game. I'm with you.

The 11th region has 3 teams that would probably win atleast 13 other regions hands down if they were there, and would more than likely win the other 2 regions.

And so does the 7th. The 7th has 7 teams that would "hands down" win the the 16th Region.

You have to win 3 games and will avoid one of the big 3 until the finals as well. Only 2 good games in that region tourney. Sweet 16, every game is a good game. I'm with you.

That's like saying the Big East tournament is better than the NCAA tournament.

I think claiming every game of the Sweet 16 is a good one is a bit much. I've seen or read about a couple thumpings in my day. However, im still in agreement I'd take the sweet 16 over a regional tournament any day. However, the potential of seeing 2 good games in the semifinals and one in the finals, along with one pretty good matchup in the opening round (Dunbar/Madison Central) isn't a bad ticket.

As for the sweet 16, while all teams are region champs, I don't think even you can disagree with me that some region's champs aren't as strong as other region's runner-ups or even third/fourth place teams.

I really didnt mean for you guys to compare the environment and all BUT I will say that 5 teams out of the 11th could win the state, if it were the top 16 teams 5 or more would be from the 11th. I almost fell asleep at some games the last two years in Lexington, go watch MC/Dunbar and the semis, there wont be a better environment. The 11th is the best region hands down. If you win the 11th, which is harder then winning the sweet 16, then you could play teams that you could beat by 30, not out of a few regions like 2 and 7 but if Bryan Station wins the 11th for instance, 11 teams couldnt hold them in the state tourney. They have a better chance losing next week than the week following.