Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason 63 Bishop Brossart 57

Featured Replies

  • Replies 88
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did Miller play?

  • Author

Mason: Miller 26, Middleton 17, Setty 10 Browning 5, Pawsat 2 and 12 boards, Stahl 2

 

BB-Cooper 24 pts 12 boards, Kidney 19, Uebel 6, Niemeyer 4, Rebholz 4

was Bruce Pearl working his pen ....Sounds like Setty very well could be wearing orange, From the radio station I was listing to

Brossart harassed Miller into several turnovers, but when the Royals needed him on offense he took over. Mason did a nice job staying ahead while Miller was on the bench for a long stretch of the first half.

 

As was the case in the first two matchups, Brossart could never play with the lead. Congrats to Brossart on a fine season, only 5 losses but 3 of them were to Mason County.

 

Great execution on the long pass from Scott to Browning to seal the deal. On to the finals tomottow!

Congratulations to Coach Code and the Mustangs. They are a tough team to play. Congratulations on a great season!!!!!:thumb:

 

Gallatin County thanks you for playing them tough. It's something the Wildcats can build on for their game against SK. Hope to see you next year in the All "A" Classic!!!:thumb:

I thought this was one of those rare games where Brossart played better when Uebel wasn't in. He tried to do too much on offense (although I thought one of the charge calls on him wasn't deserved), and fouled out without having a huge impact on the game. In fact, it seemed like Cooper was the only guy for either side who could drive to the basket without getting called for a charge.

 

There are probably at least a half-dozen regions where Brossart would have been the favorite; but Mason - and more specifically the matchup problem with Miller - did them in.

Fun game to watch, however I feel bad for both teams as the officials did there best to ruin a great game. Absolutely horrendous on both ends.

 

I came away very unimpressed with Miller. He played way out of control for most of the game, but as was mentioned when it came down to it, he's just too athletic for Brossart to keep up with.

 

 

Great season Mustangs and good luck to Mason in the finals!

was Bruce Pearl working his pen ....Sounds like Setty very well could be wearing orange, From the radio station I was listing to

Please elaborate.

Please elaborate.

He was at the game today according to the radio station. When Mason was playing BB.

How did Miller play?

 

Foul trouble and turnovers plagued him much of the first half. He took over down the stretch and was very effective especially in the fourth quarter.

 

This is the first time I have seen him play. I've also seen Hopson play against Brossart in the 'All A'.

 

Keep in mind I have only seen each play once, but tons of talent and potential with both players. Right now I'd give the overall edge to Miller because he passed better in the game I saw and played defense.

 

Even with foul trouble, Miller probably had about half a dozen blocks in today's game.

Cooper was exhausted having played pretty much the whole game.

He got to sit for 2.8 seconds, and the meaningless 3.6 seconds at the end when Code took out all seniors.

This was probably the sloppiest I've ever seen Mason play but they sacked up and got it done when they needed to. Darius looked tentative for the better part of the game (possibly because of being whistled for a couple of atrocious foul calls early and another in the early 3rd quarter) but settled in and was a beast down the stretch.

 

Congrats to Brossart who refused to go quit every time it looked like Mason had it wrapped up. Good to see Mason get this one out of their system and move on because they could get rolled by 20 if they come out like this again.

Foul trouble and turnovers plagued him much of the first half. He took over down the stretch and was very effective especially in the fourth quarter.

 

This is the first time I have seen him play. I've also seen Hopson play against Brossart in the 'All A'.

 

Keep in mind I have only seen each play once, but tons of talent and potential with both players. Right now I'd give the overall edge to Miller because he passed better in the game I saw and played defense.

 

Even with foul trouble, Miller probably had about half a dozen blocks in today's game.

He was given about 7 fouls today. I thought the time Uebel drove to the basket in the beginning of the third quarter he was being rode. He goes up, Miller is standing there. Miller goes up, little body contact. Miller lands safely on his feet and somewhere there was a charge call. Hmm? The bald official was horrendous. When Scott stole the ball and passed it up to Pawsat (not sure if it was him) the official BLEW his whistle but didn't call anything. Result Pawsat dunk, Brossart turnover on inbounds pass. Changed game.

 

I really feel like Uebel got jobbed today. Whoever said Brossart didn't play better when he was in does not know this Brossart team. That would have given them another scoring threat and another ball handler. Brossart probably had close to 25 turnovers today. Jimmy Uebel would have made a difference there.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.