Hussey 23 (5/8 3 pt) 

Harney 13 (4 ast, 0 to) 

McGillis 12 

Bradshaw 7 *nice game imo* 

Miller 5 (10 rbs, 5 blk) 

Ruthsatz 5 

Stewart 4 

Wermuth 3 

Colonels defense and depth continues to impress. 

🔵 Cov Cath hosts another triple header vs. New Cath on Friday. 

Hussey was unconscious at one point from 3 land.  The Senior played like it as He was all over the floor and clearly runs this team. 

Harney is special right now.  He picks up almost right where Evan left off.  I kept thinking that this Kid who is dominant on both ends of the floor and is only a Sophomore, is only 10 days, yes 10 days since playing His last football game….He has no ceiling, especially as He gets older, faster, stronger, and even more confident and it’s not like that is an issue now.

McGillis had a tremendous Freshman season and His improvement to this year is astounding.  He was a force last night.  They had no answer for Him as Defensively He was disruptive on almost every possession and is threat to cause a turnover at any and every moment.  His ability to shoot the 3 ball has never been in question, but last night He showed He can penetrate the middle and score the tough contested hoop against a big team playing big and physical.  The 3 headed monster that McGillis, Harney, and Gaiser will be as Seniors will be unstoppable.

Miller the transfer is a load inside as His ability to work in space and block shot after shot makes the paint a scary place for teams.

I know there has been some talk about Gaiser and playing time and He got quality minutes last night and was a defensive beast.  By the time He is a Senior He will be locking down every kid in the 9th region.  His tenacity and ferociousness on the Defensive side of the ball is special.  And He gives the team yet another option to handle the point and dribble drive with His speed and fearlessness.  Going to be special.

Lastly, Nolan Ruthsatz maybe that 5th starter as He most likely will be the fastest kid on any floor He steps on and He is lockdown.  As good as everyone above is Defensively, Nolan is in my opinion moving to another level defensively.

I am already looking forward to a rematch with Great Crossing and it will be unreal the level this team will play at in February.  They have a lot of youth, but this may just be the best Defensive team we have had and ultimately the most explosive.  Saw my first game last night finally and if yuh cannot tell I am beyond impressed.  Reloaded and rolling! GO COLONELS!!

• Like 1

Miller is a good addition to the team, and Hussey played great.  Not sure why everyone is so hype on Ruthsatz though, he's still slower on d than several others that should be starting over him.  But he's given more opportunity than others too...

Good write up. CCH is going to win the 9th region this year hands down. The Colonels are playing very tough. 

Hussey - Strong and steady and playing great. He's leading the team as I hoped he would. He will only get better as the season goes on. Super consistent play right now and is shooting a high percentage from the field at 64%.

Miller - Played great against Newport, and his blocking ability and rebounding are a must for CCH. His offensive game needs some development, but with all of the guards who can score, he doesn't have to be a stud every night. Focus on marking his presence in the paint and disrupting offense and CCH will be golden.

McGillis - He's the best shooter and offensive scorer on Cov Cath and is very disruptive on defense. His high point guard IQ makes him very effective at managing the team and also likes to push the ball fast. Like Cash, they both appear to love playing defense. He started off slow from the three, but as the season goes on, he will be the 2nd leading scorer on CCH behind Brady.

Harney - He is very strong, and has a high motor. His high level AAU experience shows as his confidence level is super high when he is on the court. I love watching him get after it and push the ball and attack the basket. His finishing and shooting will improve over the next couple years and he is going to be a problem for all. Love his defensive intensity. He is fun to watch. 

I think we have the best trio of guards in the state this year and for years to come. The ability of McGillis and Harney managing the basketball is unmatched and I would be nervous if one of them were not on the floor at all times. 

Others - CCH has a deep bench

• Ruthsatz plays great defense and can hit the open 3. He can handle the ball better than most of the others. Plus he has his Dad's trust and that is one of the most important things. To have your Coach's trust. I feel as some of the others do not have his trust and that is why they struggle.
  • Super Sophomores - When I think of the future, I am not sure I think of Gaiser as I had to go back and remember who he was. Donovan Bradshaw and Logan Wermuth are definitely part of that Super Sophomore group with Athens and Cash. If I am missing something with Gaiser, I may need to see him play more, but he has not stood out to me. Bradshaw is playing great and is likely to get more and more minutes as his confidence grows. He has played with McGillis and Harney for years in AAU and understands how both of them work. I saw Wermuth when he was with Beechwood last year and once he gets more comfortable with Ruthsatz, he will be fine as he works his tail off. 
  • Stewart - If he focused on playing defense and rebounding he would be fine. But his attitude is hurting him and that is very apparent when he steps on the floor. I am guessing this is part of his issue not getting playing time. I could be wrong. 
  • Kruer- He appears to be injured, and I'm not sure where he will fit in. He isn't a guard and not one of the better shooters on the team but he is tough and can rebound. I see his role being similar to Jones last year, where he gets in and bullies players and takes charges. 
  • Johnson - I still feel that he can play lock down defense. Not near the shooter as any of the starters but can play a defensive role when needed. Don't look to him to score the ball but he will hustle his butt off. 
  • Others: The other players are good players, and will need to find a niche role to get on the floor this year. They have a couple players that can shoot the ball well, and will need to take advantage of those opportunities. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ordell said:

Can someone give the height and weight of Cov Cath’s players??

Information on the rosters submitted to the KHSAA by each program can be found at this link: https://khsaa.org/roster_view/

Here is Cov Cath's roster info:

1 Athens McGillis 5' 11" 160 G Soph
2 Dylan Gaiser 5' 11" 160 G Soph
3 Cash Harney 5' 11" 165 G Soph
4 Caden Miller 6' 9" 215 C Sr
5 Jake Stewart 6' 3" 185 F Jr
10 Noah Johnson 6' 2" 170 F Sr
11 Logan Wermuth 6' 1" 165 F Soph
12 Donovan Bradshaw 6' 6" 175 F Soph
13 Christopher Kennedy 6' 4" 180 F Sr
14 Brady Hussey 6' 2" 180 G Sr
15 Luke Carroll 5' 11" 165 G Jr