Mayfield vs. Owensboro Catholic Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)

DevilMayCare

Cards vs. Aces  

127 members have voted

1. 1. The Class 2A State Champion Will Be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2023 at 09:00 PM

4 hours ago, still 55 said:

I’m not expecting anyone cowering.  We want their best.  However, I guarantee you that you would never hear Coach Joe Morris or any of his players get on any sports radio or television show and guarantee they were gonna win.  Me on the other hand, yeah I might.  Because, as everyone will tell you, I am forever the optimist.  Plus, I seen enough of this over the years that I know in most cases when I hang my hat on the Cards, they win  

Maybe that's because Owensboro is a much larger town (6x mayfield).  They have radio that talks sports daily.   I didn't hear a guarantee, but I heard "we are going to win" type talk.   

2 minutes ago, Brown said:

Maybe that's because Owensboro is a much larger town (6x mayfield).  They have radio that talks sports daily.   I didn't hear a guarantee, but I heard "we are going to win" type talk.   

Listen again. 

5 hours ago, still 55 said:

After listening to that show, I’m scared to show up. They are gonna have the biggest crowd of any team at state by 6 times. They have the best qb in the state Atwell. They have the best lb in the state Vince Carrico. They also have the best player in the state Tutt Carrico. They all told us there isn’t any chance of Mayfield winning. So, why even get up and drive 4 plus hours to watch?  If it rains, they are just going to run all over us. Juju is only good at stretch plays, they can shut him down by making him cut it back to the middle. Cartwright is only slightly better at qb than the Owensboro qb. 

Speaking of stretch - I think you carried a couple comments to almost fabricating - "no chance of Mayfield winning".   LOL - that was never said.  Juju is only good on stretch plays?  That's comical - never said.  They mentioned Mayfield excels in stretch plays as does Starks - it was very complimentary.

• Like 1