Mayfield 38 Henderson County 24

Mayfield's announcers on Red Helmet Video commentators quip with "go back and watch the video of the game and see all the penalties on US," following that up by saying, "ain't no cooking like home cooking" at the end of the broadcast.

2A Mayfield gets the road win over 6A Henderson County, all the same. Apparently Hendo's QB Trajdon Davis left the game in the second half with an injury.

11 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Mayfield's announcers on Red Helmet Video commentators quip with "go back and watch the video of the game and see all the penalties on US," following that up by saying, "ain't no cooking like home cooking" at the end of the broadcast.

2A Mayfield gets the road win over 6A Henderson County, all the same. Apparently Hendo's QB Trajdon Davis left the game in the second half with an injury.

You gotta take the Red Helmet video announcers with a grain of salt. They are a couple fans talking out loud. Entertaining but definitely all about Mayfield.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Devils Fan said:

Using Henderson as a measuring stick. Is it safe to say that OC is better than Mayfield at the moment?

They both beat Henderson County by double digits so I don’t think so necessarily.  I’ve never been a huge fan of common opponent scores unless it’s glaring.

38 minutes ago, Devils Fan said:

Using Henderson as a measuring stick. Is it safe to say that OC is better than Mayfield at the moment?

I’m not saying one way or the other and before I say this I realize a game is 48 minutes long and every minute counts but with 6 minutes left Mayfield was up 38-17 and had the ball in Henderson territory driving to possibly make it 45-17. The QB drops back to throw, rares back and the ball completely slips out of his hands and he throws it about ten yards backwards. Henderson recovers and goes down and scores. Mayfield then just runs the clock out to end the game. Like I said, take that for what it’s worth. It’s all part of the game. Penalties were also atrocious towards Mayfield but that’s also part of the game. With all that being said, Mayfield probably has the best non-QB skill player in 2A outside of maybe Brady Hensley in Xavier Biggers. The Mayfield coaching staff refuses to use him. He has 7 catches on the year with 4 going for TDs. He’s an absolute stud on both sides of the ball. If they don’t use him on offense then have no chance to win a state championship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Socially Distanced said:

I did not get to watch the game but I expected a little more dominant performance from Mayfield on teh scoreboard. Maybe Hendo scored late, I don't know. 

Regarding the refs- there is no agenda. If you feel like you are getting a lot of penalties then you need to address that with position coaches in my opinion. 

What’s hilarious is the person that liked your post was complaining in the CCH-Beechwood thread that the refs missed a call on a CCH player getting into the endzone. The irony.

2 hours ago, Socially Distanced said:

I did not get to watch the game but I expected a little more dominant performance from Mayfield on teh scoreboard. Maybe Hendo scored late, I don't know. 

Regarding the refs- there is no agenda. If you feel like you are getting a lot of penalties then you need to address that with position coaches in my opinion. 

If you read my comment further up you will see that the game was looking like the score would be way worse until an unfortunate series of events with about 6 minutes to go.

10 hours ago, Astro Domino said:

I’m not saying one way or the other and before I say this I realize a game is 48 minutes long and every minute counts but with 6 minutes left Mayfield was up 38-17 and had the ball in Henderson territory driving to possibly make it 45-17. The QB drops back to throw, rares back and the ball completely slips out of his hands and he throws it about ten yards backwards. Henderson recovers and goes down and scores. Mayfield then just runs the clock out to end the game. Like I said, take that for what it’s worth. It’s all part of the game. Penalties were also atrocious towards Mayfield but that’s also part of the game. With all that being said, Mayfield probably has the best non-QB skill player in 2A outside of maybe Brady Hensley in Xavier Biggers. The Mayfield coaching staff refuses to use him. He has 7 catches on the year with 4 going for TDs. He’s an absolute stud on both sides of the ball. If they don’t use him on offense then have no chance to win a state championship.

Why do you think this is the case? Mayfields offense has been the same for the last decade. Going to spread you out, throw it around to athletes, and have a single back in the backfield. Everyone knows what they’re going to do and it’s not complicated at all, but good luck stopping it. With this offense though, I could see it limit certain playmakers getting touches. Just a thought. 

10 hours ago, Astro Domino said:

Maybe should have stayed a tiger, with a good chance of beating them. Looks like Murray is playing good football….imo 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gcbleedblue said:

Why do you think this is the case? Mayfields offense has been the same for the last decade. Going to spread you out, throw it around to athletes, and have a single back in the backfield. Everyone knows what they’re going to do and it’s not complicated at all, but good luck stopping it. With this offense though, I could see it limit certain playmakers getting touches. Just a thought. 

I agree with the spreading the ball around and I’m not against it at all but Biggers was 4th out of WR last night as far as snaps played on offense. He is the most explosive player on the team. And all the WRs start both ways so that’s not the answer. There is absolutely no logical explanation for it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

The ole homecooking complaints. A tradition as old as football. Call me crazy but maybe they were legit and the fans don’t know the rules like they believe they do?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1