Louisville being Disrespected????

I seldomly see anyone get on here and post and talk about Louisville high school teams. Is it because most the people on this board live in different counties and dont know a whole lot about the Louisville teams? Is it because Louisville has a very good crop of players and teams and the counties just dont want to give them any props? I am just curious on what you guys think. Not trying to start nothing.

I think many on the site would agree that Louisville has a great number of talented teams and players. I also believe that the Loisville area isnt reprsented on BPG like other areas of the state due to the number of fans they seem to lack on here. I've noticed that a lot of the Loisville fans on here are all over the football and college forums, it seems not many venture over towards the basketball forum very often. As for people rooting against Louisville and Lexington schools, I agree with you ladiesbballcoach. When you're from a small rural area, you tend to root for the smaller rural schools to win over the big city programs. I dont think its a lack of respect issue, just human nature to want your own kind to win. I do however dissagree with people rooting for private schools over the Louisville and Lexington schools, I think many posters of the site are set in their ways when dealing with the public/private debate. I for one root for any public school that is playing a private school no matter what area of kentucky they come from. I also root for the Louisville and Lexington schools when they play out of state competition, it makes our state look better anytime a school gets an out of state win. As I stated earlier though, I love to see the little guys come out of the bigger cities with a win.

I seldomly see anyone get on here and post and talk about Louisville high school teams. Is it because most the people on this board live in different counties and dont know a whole lot about the Louisville teams? Is it because Louisville has a very good crop of players and teams and the counties just dont want to give them any props? I am just curious on what you guys think. Not trying to start nothing.
You must not follow all the high school sports on here much, because Louisville based schools are discussed constantly and rightfully so.

Louisville schools compete for titles, in all 3 major sports and like several other cities, produce a tremendous amount of athletic talent. Some Louisville natives/posters may follow another sport, more than Basketball but between the LIT, Regions and competition, I wouldn't reference them not getting props.

I lived in Ashland for a few years and came to know and love the 16th region. Now living in Maysville this year, I'm getting a taste of some great 10th region basketball.

I don't post too much about Louisville teams cause I really don't know that much about them. With that said, I know year in and year out, you have a slew of Louisville teams that will be there in the end. Ballard, Male, Central, Doss etc, etc. When the King of the Bluegrass bracket came out and I saw who Rose Hill may end up playing, I said to myself, those darn Louisville schools : )

Completely out of respect, you know when you play just about any of them, you are going to get a good measuring stick of how good your team might be.

I can tell you that a good number of people that are from the outside of Jefferson/Fayette County will root for almost anyone (including a private school) over a Louisville or Lexington school.

On the other hand, some of us root for all private schools- inside and outside of Louisville and Lexington- over any of the public schools. :thumb:

You must not follow all the high school sports on here much, because Louisville based schools are discussed constantly and rightfully so.

You are correct. I just joined this site right at the end of the football playoffs. So the next sport to roll around was basketball. I noticed not alot of people from Lousville posted on here in the basketball forum. I was just trying to figure out why that was or why Louisville high schools were not talked about as much as say Mason Co., Rose Hill, etc. just to name a few.

If anyone should be upset it should be Conner High School. They aren't discussed on here AT ALL. : )

My friend in Nebraska has a sheltie named Conner, so I have taken a liking to that school.

6-7 so far this year, tough loss it looks like to Dixie Heights on Tuesday and a tough game tonight against St Henry.

There are quite a few people on here from the Louisville area, but majority are from outer counties. One reason I believe there are not as many Louisville people on here is because people out in the state love thier high school basketball more. Not saying people in Louisville aren't as interested because I am one that loves high school basketball, but people out in the state take it more seriously and are into it more.

All I know for sure is that when the Bullitt County schools were removed from the the 8th region their biggest complant was not that they had to play the Louisville Schools (that are loaded with talent) but that the move was going to cost them money because of the small crowds that the Louisville schools pull.