Rose Hill Hosts LexCath

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lady Royals would have given them a good game if Kayla Faulkner and Sarah Yates were still playing. I admire Coach Euton for scheduling them but sometimes games like these are not good for experience but for a team to be demoralized, then sets in discouragement and "I don't care Attitudes". It will interesting to see if the best talent in the region can come together as a team put all of their differences aside and make another run at it.

Having known these girls for quite a few years, I can not fathom the possibility of Laura Terry or Emily Queen ever having an "I don't care" attitude on the court, no matter what the score is.

Seeing how you know these girls, you are probably right. All I am saying, is that losing and winning are both contagious, and with losing comes negative attitudes. For most people it is easier to give up and worry about getting my points instead of how are we going to get better as a team. This is no way a comment about Queen and Terry, just players in general. Those girls are warriors on the court but after finishing state runner up last season you would think that the team, the coaches and fans would be hungry to make another run at it. Actions speaks louder than words. Its like they dont even realize that they have a bulls eye on them, not just from the 16th regional teams but all teams. No one plays harder than Queen (possibly the best player to ever play in the region) and Terry is awesome but this isnt about them, this is a team sport. So like I said, you are probably right, those two want to win they just cant figure out yet how to do it

Having known these girls for quite a few years, I can not fathom the possibility of Laura Terry or Emily Queen ever having an "I don't care" attitude on the court, no matter what the score is.

Perhaps RU he wasn't speaking of Laura and Emily!

Very true...It leaves me to wonder just who then it could be...lets do the elimination process....has to be some one under six foot...nevermind....the whole state knows. Old Chinese proverb....squeaky wheel gets all the grease...perhaps not Chinese but very true... another proverbial saying, a rotten apple can spoil the whole bunch. If one has a cancer and does not get rid of it, then what happens...it spreads. Since Rose Hill is a Christian School here is one for you..." a little leaven ..." I see your point and well taken thanks for clarifying that

If LC thinks they are going to come to Rose Hill and be handed a win they are mistaken. Every girl on Rose Hill will give 110%. If that is not enough, so be it. I have watched these girls a lot and never seen any of them not work hard.

I am hoping to be at the game today at 5pm. The school is just off the highway as you leave Ashland, right?

Himmelfarb, what do you think about the season that RH is having and what are your predictions for todays game? I personally still think that Girls Basketball is still not appreciated in this state.

It's hard to disagree with Mcpapa on this one. The Lady Royals will be hard pressed to keep the score close, for reasons having less to do with the supposed "differences" that you suggest than that they simply do not have the "best talent in the region."

I think I understand what you meant...and I certainly appreciate your kind words about Emily. My point is simply this...that while Rose Hill may have the two best players in the region (and I hesitate to use such language...even that distinction is based on what they have accomplished in their respective careers, their consistent production, etc, and not on their ability to "dominate" other players in the region...there are some very, very good players in this region), they do not have the best team talent by any stretch and I have not yet joined the ranks of those who think this team can "make another run."

Would I like to see it? Of course, but my goodness, what an incredible feat it would be for this team to beat the quality teams in this region and beyond. I say that, not to disparage this year's team or any players on it, or to imply that they aren't capable...but to recall again just how overachieving was last year's team and to point out how much more difficult is the task of winning this year. We lost 3 of the only 6 players that saw minutes last year.

As for girls basketball not being appreciated... There is certainly a lot of interest on BGP and other sites, and there are several independent sports writers who devote their time to only girls basketball.

It's hard to disagree with Mcpapa on this one. The Lady Royals will be hard pressed to keep the score close, for reasons having less to do with the supposed "differences" that you suggest than that they simply do not have the "best talent in the region."

I think I understand what you meant...and I certainly appreciate your kind words about Emily. My point is simply this...that while Rose Hill may have the two best players in the region (and I hesitate to use such language...even that distinction is based on what they have accomplished in their respective careers, their consistent production, etc, and not on their ability to "dominate" other players in the region...there are some very, very good players in this region), they do not have the best team talent by any stretch and I have not yet joined the ranks of those who think this team can "make another run."

Would I like to see it? Of course, but my goodness, what an incredible feat it would be for this team to beat the quality teams in this region and beyond. I say that, not to disparage this year's team or any players on it, or to imply that they aren't capable...but to recall again just how overachieving was last year's team and to point out how much more difficult is the task of winning this year. We lost 3 of the only 6 players that saw minutes last year.

As for girls basketball not being appreciated... There is certainly a lot of interest on BGP and other sites, and there are several independent sports writers who devote their time to only girls basketball.

Having 3 of best players in region last year I would not consider last year's team as overachieving. Plus the two seniors who graduated also were solid players.

Having 3 of best players in region last year I would not consider last year's team as overachieving. Plus the two seniors who graduated also were solid players.

I don't think Rose Hill overachieved in the 16th Region. However, they did reach the state championship game by beating three teams- Shelby County, Franklin Simpson, and Louisville Iroquois- all three of which were favored to beat Rose Hill. No one was going to beat Lexington Catholic including, most likely, UK's girls.

Regionwise, Russell is probably in a similar position this year. If so, we will all be rooting for them to duplicate Rose Hill's overachievement in Bowling Green.