Rose Hill Hosts LexCath

I know this area is better getting behind Girls hoops, then most, I am not trying to offend anyone but I have been around basketball for nearly 40 years and the last 15 years the parity in the Boys in the 16th has went down hill and the girls has really accelerated upward...while girls have always played hard, Teams like Hop coached has really pushed Girls hoops to a new level of play, they are more fundamentally sound than most guy players in this region. What really irked me was RH playing a Nationally ranked team at 5pm. That is crazy...let the girls be the pre-act or opening act for the Boys who are playing Fleming County...come on give me a break. The RH boys are for real but only one team from RH has shot at going to state and that is the Girls...RH officials will one day realize just how good Queen and Terry are. Appparently there are many avid RH posters on this site, a rumor floating around outside of ..lets say the Ashland area ...is that the girls have had to share the gym with the boys this past week and has not really prepared for LC...no excuses should be made about no gym time available, your RH girls were state runners up last year, and are playing LC and no real practices this week...and you say Himmelfarb that there are those that support girls hoops, if so take a stand for what is right...no boys program, players, coaches, school what have you would go all week w/o real practice knowing your are about to play a Nationally ranked team...doesnt make much sense other than the fact that once again girls play second fiddle to the boys..and no I am not a female I just act like one every once in a while...I dont even have a dog in the fight anymore. Equality...if that rumor is true, do you think coach Fraley would go all week without preparation for a Nationally ranked team, of course not he prepares even for Holy Family, if they still had a team.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Rose Hill overachieved in the 16th Region. However, they did reach the state championship game by beating three teams- Shelby County, Franklin Simpson, and Louisville Iroquois- all three of which were favored to beat Rose Hill. No one was going to beat Lexington Catholic including, most likely, UK's girls.

Regionwise, Russell is probably in a similar position this year. If so, we will all be rooting for them to duplicate Rose Hill's overachievement in Bowling Green.

I do agree with you sb. Their run in Bowling Green was very strong. I just think having a third "star" on a team can really make the difference in a good and great team at the high school level.

Hold on now, GottaRebound, you need some facts. The Rose Hill-LexCath game was scheduled at 5:00 pm at the request of LexCath. At the time, they were going to play Towson Catholic on Saturday at 12:30 pm and their people did not want their girls getting in late on Friday night with a game at midday on Saturday. Since it is not easy to get a team of their caliber to come to this area for a road game, Rose Hill wanted to accommodate them. Nonetheless, your concern is appreciated.

On the other hand, I am shocked, hurt, and dismayed by your seemingly inflammatory reference to my alma mater, Holy Family. The "Fighting Irish" deserve better.

Having 3 of best players in region last year I would not consider last year's team as overachieving. Plus the two seniors who graduated also were solid players.

Their overachieving had to do, in my mind, with the fact that they used only 6 players more than their lack of quality players. That said, to get past Russell in the Regional and then to advance to the final was more than I think even the most loyal fan expected.

Hold on now, GottaRebound, you need some facts. The Rose Hill-LexCath game was scheduled at 5:00 pm at the request of LexCath. At the time, they were going to play Towson Catholic on Saturday at 12:30 pm and their people did not want their girls getting in late on Friday night with a game at midday on Saturday. Since it is not easy to get a team of their caliber to come to this area for a road game, Rose Hill wanted to accommodate them. Nonetheless, your concern is appreciated.

On the other hand, I am shocked, hurt, and dismayed by your seemingly inflammatory reference to my alma mater, Holy Family. The "Fighting Irish" deserve better.

I am sorry that I didnt get the facts straight, I really am, you hear everything coming and going. And for the Fighting Irish, they should have recruited...he he he just joking, oh they did from Paul Blazer, didnt they?

just a joke dont get worked up about it, you should be proud of what Holy Family done in the 60's-80's before and after that I just dont know much about their Ball Teams. Did you play for Holy Family?

I don't think Rose Hill overachieved in the 16th Region. However, they did reach the state championship game by beating three teams- Shelby County, Franklin Simpson, and Louisville Iroquois- all three of which were favored to beat Rose Hill. No one was going to beat Lexington Catholic including, most likely, UK's girls.

Regionwise, Russell is probably in a similar position this year. If so, we will all be rooting for them to duplicate Rose Hill's overachievement in Bowling Green.

I will try to be more precise in qualifying my remarks in the future!! All this parsing of words has me feeling the pressure.;) See my earlier remarks for a bit of clarification on "overacheiving."

While I'm not giving up on the idea of the Lady Royals beating Russell this year...should they meet in Morehead...I believe Russell is the clear favorite and I will gladly support them in Bowling Green.

I will try to be more precise in qualifying my remarks in the future!! All this parsing of words has me feeling the pressure.;) See my earlier remarks for a bit of clarification on "overacheiving."

While I'm not giving up on the idea of the Lady Royals beating Russell this year...should they meet in Morehead...I believe Russell is the clear favorite and I will gladly support them in Bowling Green.

You are right Himmelfarb, we should any team from whatever region you are from

I know this area is better getting behind Girls hoops, then most, I am not trying to offend anyone but I have been around basketball for nearly 40 years and the last 15 years the parity in the Boys in the 16th has went down hill and the girls has really accelerated upward...while girls have always played hard, Teams like Hop coached has really pushed Girls hoops to a new level of play, they are more fundamentally sound than most guy players in this region. What really irked me was RH playing a Nationally ranked team at 5pm. That is crazy...let the girls be the pre-act or opening act for the Boys who are playing Fleming County...come on give me a break. The RH boys are for real but only one team from RH has shot at going to state and that is the Girls...RH officials will one day realize just how good Queen and Terry are. Appparently there are many avid RH posters on this site, a rumor floating around outside of ..lets say the Ashland area ...is that the girls have had to share the gym with the boys this past week and has not really prepared for LC...no excuses should be made about no gym time available, your RH girls were state runners up last year, and are playing LC and no real practices this week...and you say Himmelfarb that there are those that support girls hoops, if so take a stand for what is right...no boys program, players, coaches, school what have you would go all week w/o real practice knowing your are about to play a Nationally ranked team...doesnt make much sense other than the fact that once again girls play second fiddle to the boys..and no I am not a female I just act like one every once in a while...I dont even have a dog in the fight anymore. Equality...if that rumor is true, do you think coach Fraley would go all week without preparation for a Nationally ranked team, of course not he prepares even for Holy Family, if they still had a team.

I'm not sure how to respond to being "called out" on BGP!! I've got to say, GottaRebound, we probably agree on a lot, but you've got my head spinning with this last tirade. Truth is...I like your style!!:thumb:

Let me say only this...I've taken too many stands for the tastes of too many people at Rose Hill, angering too many of those with too much control and the ability to run too many dedicated and loyal people too far away to be of any meaningful use.

I'm having too much fun here...but you get the point.;)