Rose Hill Hosts LexCath

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this area is better getting behind Girls hoops, then most, I am not trying to offend anyone but I have been around basketball for nearly 40 years and the last 15 years the parity in the Boys in the 16th has went down hill and the girls has really accelerated upward...while girls have always played hard, Teams like Hop coached has really pushed Girls hoops to a new level of play, they are more fundamentally sound than most guy players in this region. What really irked me was RH playing a Nationally ranked team at 5pm. That is crazy...let the girls be the pre-act or opening act for the Boys who are playing Fleming County...come on give me a break. The RH boys are for real but only one team from RH has shot at going to state and that is the Girls...RH officials will one day realize just how good Queen and Terry are. Appparently there are many avid RH posters on this site, a rumor floating around outside of ..lets say the Ashland area ...is that the girls have had to share the gym with the boys this past week and has not really prepared for LC...no excuses should be made about no gym time available, your RH girls were state runners up last year, and are playing LC and no real practices this week...and you say Himmelfarb that there are those that support girls hoops, if so take a stand for what is right...no boys program, players, coaches, school what have you would go all week w/o real practice knowing your are about to play a Nationally ranked team...doesnt make much sense other than the fact that once again girls play second fiddle to the boys..and no I am not a female I just act like one every once in a while...I dont even have a dog in the fight anymore. Equality...if that rumor is true, do you think coach Fraley would go all week without preparation for a Nationally ranked team, of course not he prepares even for Holy Family, if they still had a team.

You can say what you want about the state of basketball for boys and girls in the 16th region and which way it is heading, but the fact of the matter is that the 16th region boys overall are better than the 16th region girls.Yes I know that Rose hill finished runner up in the state last year and that there are 4 D-1 women signees in the region.But look at the most recent Cantrell ratings: The 16 boys' teams hava a 58.0 rating while the girls avg. 49.8.The boys have a better rating at every position except 5th which is a tie(61.9).The girls have way too many bad teams.Be honest there are 9-10 teams in the region(boys) other than Ashland,Boyd and Russell that could beat those teams and it would not be a total shock.Can the same be said on the girls side?

I have been around both the boys and girls teams in the region a great deal during the past 6 years and from my observation there is much more scouting,preparation and summer work done on the boys side than the girls.There are exceptions to this-I KNOW THAT.I am speaking in general terms.Everybody is making a big deal about the RH-LC game and they should.Bot don't forget that our region in boys has already played:Central twice,Mason County twice,Scott County three times and Ballard once.

You can say what you want about the state of basketball for boys and girls in the 16th region and which way it is heading, but the fact of the matter is that the 16th region boys overall are better than the 16th region girls.Yes I know that Rose hill finished runner up in the state last year and that there are 4 D-1 women signees in the region.But look at the most recent Cantrell ratings: The 16 boys' teams hava a 58.0 rating while the girls avg. 49.8.The boys have a better rating at every position except 5th which is a tie(61.9).The girls have way too many bad teams.Be honest there are 9-10 teams in the region(boys) other than Ashland,Boyd and Russell that could beat those teams and it would not be a total shock.Can the same be said on the girls side?

I have been around both the boys and girls teams in the region a great deal during the past 6 years and from my observation there is much more scouting,preparation and summer work done on the boys side than the girls.There are exceptions to this-I KNOW THAT.I am speaking in general terms.Everybody is making a big deal about the RH-LC game and they should.Bot don't forget that our region in boys has already played:Central twice,Mason County twice,Scott County three times and Ballard once.

Actually, according to the Daily Independent's Preview, there are 5.:rolleyes: