Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rose Hill Hosts LexCath

Featured Replies

Friday at 5:00 pm, Rose Hill will host Lexington Catholic at Stewart Gymnasium. The early start will allow area fans to see Rose Hill battle the state's top ranked team and still have time to attend the game of their local favorite.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id love to see Rose Hill get one over on Lex Cath. I dont see it happening though. Lexington Catholic by 12.

Id love to see Rose Hill get one over on Lex Cath. I dont see it happening though. Lexington Catholic by 12.

 

It wont be that close

Id love to see Rose Hill get one over on Lex Cath.

:thumb: I really don't think that they will pull off the upset either but wouldn't it be great if they did. I admire RH for playing a top ranked team. Imo this can do nothing but help the Lady Royals. "to be the best - you have to play the best" and see where you are and where you need to go.

LexCath looked very tired in this week's win over LCA in a game they probably should have lost. Rose Hill should be ready and I look for the upset to occur.

LexCath looked very tired in this week's win over LCA in a game they probably should have lost. Rose Hill should be ready and I look for the upset to occur.

 

Say what? Someone remind me not to invite this guy to the local pool hall after the game.;)

As much as I would love to see Rose Hill (or any 16th region team for that matter) upset the Lady Knights, I don't think it will happen. With the talent and bench that Lex Cath has, it will be very hard for Terry and Queen to stay out of foul trouble and the young ones aren't ready for this yet. Without meaning to sound too critical of the 16th region, I believe that Lex Cath would beat any of our teams by at least 25 on any given night (and this still might be a little optimistic). But in sports anything can happen so---GO GET 'EM LADY ROYALS!!!!!!

I love MOST of the 16th region, but I'll say:

 

Lexington Catholic 90

Rose Hill 17

  • Author
I love MOST of the 16th region, but I'll say:

 

Lexington Catholic 90

Rose Hill 17

 

Although less combative Rose Hillers would disagree, I find your obvious dislike of Rose Hill most pleasing. Don't ever change. Stir it up. Your snide remarks confirm a lot of things that I have previously concluded.

Maybe Catholic will schedule Ludlow next year.:thumb:

  • Author

LexCath is the elite team in Kentucky and has been for a goodly number of years. I am pleased that they will be coming to play in the 16th Region and am happy that Rose Hill is the team that got them to come here.

 

LexCath is undoubtedly the best girls's team to ever come to this area for a game. That is a fact. Hopefully, fans of all ilks will take this opportunity to come out and see the best in action. The Rose Hill girls will have their hands full but I am confident that Coach Euton will have them well prepared. Of course, it will be up to the girls to perform. The coach cannot play the game for them.

The Lady Royals would have given them a good game if Kayla Faulkner and Sarah Yates were still playing. I admire Coach Euton for scheduling them but sometimes games like these are not good for experience but for a team to be demoralized, then sets in discouragement and "I don't care Attitudes". It will interesting to see if the best talent in the region can come together as a team put all of their differences aside and make another run at it.

I thought Rose Hill returned quite a few players from last year? Looking at their (Rose Hill) record makes me want to revise my prediction. I guess what I'm saying is that right now LexCath looks ripe for an upset but it still will take a very strong team to do it. There probably are others besides LCA and Scott County who have the potential, I'm not familiar with girls basket ball that much and have only seen the Catholic girls play three games or so this year. They seem to really miss the spark that Nikki Davis gave them at point guard last year.

Rose Hill has two of the top players in the state returning in Queen and Terry. From what I have heard, read and watched, the Rose Hill Girls are very young and inexpereinced on the Varisty level of play. They have Kayla Faulkner's sister back playing PG but she is not a true PG, she is a good defensive player but Rose Hill has only one varisty PG and that is the Queen girl. Rose Hill is simply overmatched in this game. I wish them luck.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.