Coaching Change @ Cawood

whyme

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure who would want this job because it would be immediately terminated in a few seasons if not less with the new school being built.
I wonder if the person who takes the job could possibly end up on the Harlan Co. football staff?

The common saying around the area has been that the new school's coach would not be one of the current HC's at Cawood, Cumberland or Evarts, but I don't see why it has to be that way, or why the HC's couldn't at least be assistants, if that is what the new school wants.

This is really putting someone in a bad situation. They are going to have to ask someone to be the head coach for only a year. No matter how successful the new coach is, they know it is soon to be over. I played for Coach Smith, and think a lot of him, but I think this has been coming for some time, and, if so, he should have resigned a few seasons ago. I don't think his heart was in it anymore. The best solution, in my opinion, is to hire within. Dondi Noah may be the best person for the job. He has no prior head coaching experience, but knows the team better than anyone else. It is just unfair to ask someone to come in and be the coach. When Bo Callebs took over as coach, he was treated unfairly. He had no chance of staying more than a year. I just don't like the situation.

If what I am hearing is correct, I think this will be a GREAT move for Cawood for its last year and for the new Harlan County High School whether he is an assistant or the head coach. I don't want to say his name because I don't think it is official but the word from where I live is that he will be named soon.

Not sure who would want this job because it would be immediately terminated in a few seasons if not less with the new school being built.

You aren't looking at the big picture.

You could go a couple of different ways. You could hire the new Harlan County coach with a season to start the process at Cawood or hire someone who is going to be an assistant at Harlan County.

You could go a couple of different ways. You could hire the new Harlan County coach with a season to start the process at Cawood or hire someone who is going to be an assistant at Harlan County.

:thumb:

I agree :thumb: sorry about posting the same thing twice. I guess that is why I am a JV Player (LOL).