Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

whyme

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by whyme

  1. I was just making the point that Lungbuster was just making his points. You made the statement that he was bashing and YOU were just making a point. I was just making the point that if he is bashing then so are you. There sure is a lot of points here. I am just trying to figure out how some of your comments are not personal about the county. Seems like to me you talk out of both sides of your mouth. To be honest I had no intentions of getting involved in all of this and keeping my mouth shut like HDE had suggested but it just burns me up when the county gets attacked ALL the time and the city never does wrong. I realize the county does have problems, but let me tell you brother, so does the city. And yes, if it was not for the county, then the city could not survive.
  2. Pappy, You are so funny. You are not bashing when you make a point but you say that Lungbuster is bashing even though he is making his points. That is just the way the city folk are, they do no wrong, their sweat don't stink.
  3. Pappy, I think you have done your share of blasting too. It sickens me to see Cawood getting pumped up for Harlan. It should never even get to that point. As a Cawood fan or a Harlan County fan, I am looking for bigger fish to fry than just beating Harlan. I feel that Cawood can compete for a district title or at least a home play-off game. The Harlan game is a no win situation for Cawood and everything for Harlan. If Cawood wins then woopdeedo, they should. If Cawood loses then shame on Cawood. If Harlan wins then they have beaten a larger school and if Harlan loses, that is what should happen. I could say a lot about your post pappy on the bball game and how the Harlan kids acted and about how you bash our district but I will respect HDE's request and keep it to myself.
  4. What do you expect, he is the "Eagle Eye In The Sky". They didn't name the Crow's Nest after him for nothing.
  5. I was told at a ballgame the other night that the dangerous duo of J.B. Donahue and Jackie "THE CROW" Cornett might be reuniting as coaching pals. Bringing back the days of years like '96 could be a good thing for the Dragons. I don't believe that The Crow would leave his fame and fortune as the voice of the Dragons and his Friday night hit " The Fifth Quarter" but who knows.
  6. Not sure as of right now. Too early for me to make a prediction on this game. I really don't know what either team has. With spring practice right around the corner we ought to be able to start getting some early reports on the local schools.
  7. Lungbuster, Haven't you learned that dragonpappy is right. How is my little buddy dragonpappy doing?
  8. I wouldn't know what to do without me and you on the opposite sides
  9. The word out of Harlan Ind. today is that the Superintendent called the coaches in his office and told them that if any coach is caught recruiting a kid they will be fired. I do not want that, I just want our kids left alone. If a kid wants to go somewhere else and play then that is fine with me if they go on their own and not by a coach telling them that they will start next year as a freshman. I do have a parent that is willing to sign a sworn affidavid (I am sure I spelled that wrong) but I will not pursue that if the coach backs off.
  10. Dragon Pappy, Thanks but no thanks. I think I will stay on my side of the road in regards to me coming on board.
  11. Dragon Pappy, No matter how you look at the situation, whether the coach calls a kids, parent, or talks to him at Wally World, it is illegal for another districts or another schools coach to try and talk a kid into coming to play for him or her.
  12. ballaholic, I know how serious this is. I have two kids and parents that have said that the coach has talked to them. I will find out tomorrow if there is a third. Of coarse he is going to deny it. This is NOT the first time the coach has contacted county players and I think everybody knows that to be a fact. This might be a matter of his word against theirs (the parents and players) but I know it is going on and has in the past. This just might end up on the steps of the KHSAA. I hope not, I hope he "the coach" backs off and leaves the county kids along but I don't see it happening because like I said this has been a problem in the past and he has been addressed by the Harlan Ind. administration before.
  13. I do not know of any district who has the pee wee football that allows another district to participate in their pee wee league. I could be wrong. If Harlan County pee wee only has two teams then that is fine, they can play against other pee wee teams.
  14. Dragonpappy, This "conglomorated" team that you are talking about are all feeder schools into Cawood High School, what is so unfair about that. It amazes me when people get so upset about the Patriots, I mean these are all kids that should be playing together at Cawood so what is wrong with them playing together in Jr. high. Also Evarts and Cumberland both can hold back kids if they choose to. That is Harlan's fault if they don't choose to allow their kids to hold back. About the recruiting deal, well, let's just wait and see what happens but something tells me that the coach will be called into the Super's office sometime soon. About the jr. high teams, just my opinion, but if Harlan is not going to play in the football league which is fine and dandy but then I glad the county is not going to include them in the basketball league. Also for the record I feel that the county board should no longer allow city kids to play in the pee wee league. Why should the county fund the city kids to play football. If the city kids want to play which again is fine and dandy then I think that city board should pay for half of the budget of the pee wee league.
  15. Mountain Pride 10 I didn't mean anything by the cleats. I think it is great what you are doing for the local schools. Sorry that you took it that way.
  16. Mountain Pride 10 These matters are very serious and I don't care one bit to private message you and tell you who I am. The Superintendent of Harlan was supposed to of been contacted today about the accusations. This is not made up and it is a very serious matter. I think you know what I am talking about. You can continue to play like you don't but I know that you do. I would be willing to bet some red and white football cleats on it too. This is not rumor, not made up. I know the seriousness of the whole deal and it is not something to be took lightly. Brain, it is not a matter of what the best interest of the kids is in this case. This is a matter of illegal recruiting that will be dealt with.
  17. The Brain, You are correct, it should be a kids decision, not a coach from another district calling the parent or the kid saying "Hey you will start for me as a freshman if you will come to my school" not to say that, that is illegal also. And yes you are right, this is a football forum but those kids that I am talking about play football too. I just feel that Harlan should stay away from the county kids and if the county kids want to go to Harlan on their own then that is fine but when a coach is telling a 13 or14 year old all this stuff then what do you think the kids are going to say.
  18. Mountain Pride 10 and The Brain, YES my accusations are strong BUT they are fact and yes I will prove it. The KHSAA will be notified in writen form with parent documentation that they have been contacted. This must stop. If a kid wants to go to Harlan on his own that is fine and dandy, but when they are being told that they will start as freshman and being manipulated like they are being done then I think that is going way over the edge, not to mention illegal. The coach that I was talking about is not a football coach, he is the basketball coach. Mountain Pride 10, say what you want but YOU know exactly what is going on. You are right, I am bent out of shape on this matter and only because it is wrong and I can prove and it will be proven that it is going on.
  19. Trust me, it WILL be, just gathering all my facts and sources first.
  20. Harlan better be careful. I know for a fact that recruiting is happening ever since the county board members made the mistake of agreeing on a contract and I am on the trail hot and heavy of those of you who are recruiting county kids. I have parents that are willing to testify that they have been contacted from supporters, a board member, and yes even a coach. Superintendent David Johnson is quoted in the Harlan paper that if a teacher or coach or anyone employed by the district is caught recruiting kids for sports then there will be harsh consequences.
  21. I vote for Mike Jones for basketball or the new principal, either way would be great for the new school.
  22. Brain, just like lungbuster said, great coaches love a challenge. Who had ever heard of Boyle County before Smith took over. Hilton put Bell County football on the map. Matney put Johnson Central on the map and so forth. Some coaches love to build programs and what better place to build a program than Harlan County High School like lungbuster said with the challenge being there, a pro football administration, facilities and money. What more can a coach ask for.
  23. Ok, here's my top five. Tim Saylor is Superintendent so he can not be in the mix. This is in no particular order. 1. Dudley Hilton 2. Mike Holcomb 3. Jim Matney 4. Eric Perry (why not, lets see what he can do at Cawood, might be a diamond in the ruff) 5. Chuck Smith He might want to turn down the big bucks and come back to the high school level and build another program.(wishful thinking but Walt Disney says to wish)
  24. Dragonpappy, with all do respect, the contract between the city and the county was good for the city but not for the county. It was one of the dumbest things the county school board has done in a while. Things were starting to get better for the county as far as leveling enrollment by the county but now, who knows where it will go.
  25. Lungbuster, your post, I have to say is by far the best one yet. I couldn't agree with you more on how it is left up to Harlan Countians to put their personal feelings aside and come together for the better of the kids of Harlan County. This consolidation IS going to happen and it is time for Harlan County to come together and make this thing work. I too, am not worried about Harlan IND. and what they think about this school and how it will impact Harlan IND. not that I don't care about them but it is time for Harlan Countians to care about Harlan County and take care of themselves. As far as this thing being a smooth transition, well, if the parents and people of Harlan County continue to fight and argue about this and say "Cawood will get this or Cumberland or Evarts will get that" then yes it won't be a smooth transitiion. BUT, if the people will come together and make this work then the kids will be just fine.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.