Who do you think will win this game?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win?

• Simon Kenton
    • Highlands

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Look at Beechwood.

If it were really that easy, would Simon Kenton had been 5-16 the last 2 years?  Anyway, great chance for SK to win their district this year.  It could honestly just depend on who their sister district is as to how far they could go in the playoffs.  We’ll see soon enough.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Highlands won 53 to 38 last year. I guarantee the Pioneers have not forgotten. They will travel to Fort Thomas ready for this game! Hope both teams come out of this healthy.

Whatever revenge motivation there was from last year has been flipped by this past week. Highlands has immediately become the underdog. 

• Like 1

Simon Kenton is coming off a really bad 2 year stretch.  Oldham County I don't think is going to have a very good season.  This game, for me, is a measuring stick for both teams as to perhaps how the season will go.  From everything I have read from neutral observers SK is going to be very physical.  Does Highlands have skill athletes that can cause SK problems?  They did put 53 on them last season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BirdDaddy said:

Uh SK isn't Beechwood. Kids aren’t just moving into Independence to play 2A Football and be almost guaranteed a State Championship season. Big difference.

I wasn't comparing the two. I was talking about Beechwood they reload and have a freshman qb. Other teams reload and get waxed and everyone gives it is a down year excuse.

• Like 1

Highlands will definitely need to tighten up and correct the blown pass coverages (4 or 5 glaring blown coverages vs SW) or else it could be a very long night for the highlands defense.  
Highlands will need to do better on special teams too.  Negative field position has been a factor vs both Male and South Warren.  
And of course it goes without saying that the offense must find a QB, must eliminate dropped passes, and must find a way to effectively run the football.  

Even with Highlands correcting and improving those things, I still think SK wins.  It’s going be a high scoring game.  My guess is somewhere in the SK 41 - Highlands 28 range.

• Like 1