Simon Kenton vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates

Who do you think will win this game?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win?

• Simon Kenton
    • Highlands

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Yes. He threw over 30 TD passes and only 1 INT. He also completed over 69% of his passes.

And that brings me to a job that you are just the man for. Going by the stats on KHSAA scoreboard, Kuntz should be listed in the KHSAA state records for completion percent in a season. The cut off is 65% and I  calculate his at 69% in 2013.

Stats have to come from the school.

9 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

As far as the game is concerned, if Benke starts at QB, does this change the Highlands offense?  Do they become more potent?

Benke seems like he makes way less mistakes. He’s a big guy that is probably twice as hard to sack. Also he is an athlete that can get 5 yds on a busted play. I think they’re crazy if they don’t go with him. With smaller inexperienced o line you need him in there, it’s not 7 on 7, it’s football. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AgainstTheGrain said:

Prediction / Update thread and it's already into the 6th page. When there is talk about Highlands this website gets going. Thank you to all the people who engage in the Highlands talk to keep this website going.

Highlands is one of the oldest blue bloods of Kentucky football. Mayfield and Male are there too. Fort Thomas people return to fort Thomas to raise their kids like sea turtles. Excellence and sacrifice on the football field is the way and has been for generations. We care about it. We don’t want it to slip away and become just another high school football team. 

I guess someone could create a Highlands only message site if Highlands posts bother people. Actually that would be pretty cool. 

• Like 4

To add to this topic a bit, Highlands will be honoring the 1982 State Championship team on Friday.  It has been 40 long years since this team set the then state record of 15 wins in a season.  Among those 15 wins was a victory over the class 4A state champs making this team the overall state champion per Litkenhous ratings.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Benke seems like he makes way less mistakes. He’s a big guy that is probably twice as hard to sack. Also he is an athlete that can get 5 yds on a busted play. I think they’re crazy if they don’t go with him. With smaller inexperienced o line you need him in there, it’s not 7 on 7, it’s football. 

This would be one reason why SK (and I am sure the coaches do realize this) is not playing the same Highlands team as last week.   Something tells me this game may surprise some folks from Independence.  Gut feeling.

• Like 2