St Henry 50 Holmes 41

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can hurt them just as much as he can help them. The last time I saw DJ on the hardwood he provoked a GIANT 'T' call that killed the Dog's chances in the 1st Round of the 9th Region Tournament against Dixie. He has had a great career at Holmes but has had issues with controlling his reactions on the court. Over time, I kind of expected maturity to take care of this problem but it never really has seemed to. Perhaps this, his senior year, he can be a controlled leader that can set good sportsmanship examples to the rest of his squad. Another big question is will his injury hinder his performance? We know that at full strength DJ is a great player, but will he have the strength and stamina to compete against all the well oiled teams later in the season? It takes a bit of time to catch up when you've been sitting out alot of the season and with his injury, who knows? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. That's what makes 9th Region Basketball so exciting. Every year it's always too close to call. It would be pretty anti-climatic if we knew at the beginning of the season how it was all going to go down before it did. But we don't and that's why I dig basketball and the 9th Region so much.

1.) You can say he cost them the loss last year against Dixie, but didn't Holmes go something like 3 for 15 from the charity line?? One person doesn't cost them a game, it's a team effort.

2.) As far as his injury goes, he is already running around and been conditioning and walking around just fine, I doubt stamina and strength will be a problem.

3.) I'm not saying Holmes is going to run away with the title, because they won't. There are too many quality teams this year to call it. But I think people need to be giving them a little more credit than they're gettng. Not having Jefferson in the line up (once again) really does hurt them. He is the court general. But this really shouldn't even be being discussed in this thread. St Henry beat them so they should be the ones being talked about. They are a good team. Just because Holmes lost to them, doesn't make them bad.

I'll be more than happy to debate this in the top 10 thread though. :thumb: :thumb:

fballstud06, you have to give credit where credit is due. They are supposed to be the BEST the 9th has to offer, or at least that is what I have heard for the past year. They are good, and yes they are missing one of there best, but there performance thus far has been subpar. Will DJ help them, yes, will he completely chenge this team around, no. They seemed to have this same problem last year when they had DJ. I dont know how the whole thing will work out, but at this point in time they are not playing up to potential and there isnt that much credit for them to be given. They have lost ot the majority of good teams they have played. This is JMO though.

fballstud06, you have to give credit where credit is due. They are supposed to be the BEST the 9th has to offer, or at least that is what I have heard for the past year. They are good, and yes they are missing one of there best, but there performance thus far has been subpar. Will DJ help them, yes, will he completely chenge this team around, no. They seemed to have this same problem last year when they had DJ. I dont know how the whole thing will work out, but at this point in time they are not playing up to potential and there isnt that much credit for them to be given. They have lost ot the majority of good teams they have played. This is JMO though.

If you read my posts you'll see that I have been giving St Henry credit the whole time and saying they are a good team.

My only point I'm trying to get across is that people shouldn't be counting them out right now because of a few losses. When Duran comes back it will be the first time they have all gotten to play together since before the whole incident last year. BTW, they were undefeated against NKY competition with that squad. Just something to think about.

Duran's presence on the court will help better get Henderson involved, so you don't have to rely on only Hill and Rice. How many times have you saw this year where Hill and Rice have more than half of Holmes points? Having Duran on the floor will take a lot of pressure off of those two players shoulders.

And that is my closing remarks on the whole situation. I won't comment on it anymore because we will all find out what I'm talking about in just about a week or 2.

ONCE AGAIN

If you read my posts you'll see that I have been giving St Henry credit the whole time and saying they are a good team.

My only point I'm trying to get across is that people shouldn't be counting them out right now because of a few losses. When Duran comes back it will be the first time they have all gotten to play together since before the whole incident last year. BTW, they were undefeated against NKY competition with that squad. Just something to think about.

Duran's presence on the court will help better get Henderson involved, so you don't have to rely on only Hill and Rice. How many times have you saw this year where Hill and Rice have more than half of Holmes points? Having Duran on the floor will take a lot of pressure off of those two players shoulders.

And that is my closing remarks on the whole situation. I won't comment on it anymore because we will all find out what I'm talking about in just about a week or 2.

ONCE AGAIN

Maybe that is someone elses fault. The one who is supposed to be the real leader of this team. The one in the suit.

Maybe that is someone elses fault. The one who is supposed to be the real leader of this team. The one in the suit.

You could be right...or wrong...but to be honest none of us know what's said in that locker room so I guess we'll never find out. Maybe they're just not playing together as a team right now? We won't truly find out what this team is made of until they play again as a whole.

I agree . This is almost the same scenario as last year. Sometimes I get the feeling that the regular season really doesn't mean anything to the bulldog roundballers until tournament time. I've seen way too much one on one play. Having Duran Jefferson back as a leader may help a little but the team has to want to be led. Right now I'm seeing to much individualism.....just as last year.

I dont think they are completely out of it. they are still the most talented team in the 9th. They are just not playing up to potential and there is no credit that should be given to them. Even without DJ they should have been excelling more than they have. I just see another Bulldog meltdown coming this February, thats it. But I will give it a few weeks to find out the rest of the story.