JaMarcus Russell, NO. 1 Pick this April?

SirMixAlot

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Davis takes Russell. Then after drafting him, he asks for a rule change that when the QB is down, he has to be downed by 2 defenders because Russell can throw it 40 yards while sitting on his bottom. Thats farther than many NFL QB's can throw the ball standing. I think Russell is the real deal.

I think that Davis takes Russell. Then after drafting him, he asks for a rule change that when the QB is down, he has to be downed by 2 defenders because Russell can throw it 40 yards while sitting on his bottom. Thats farther than many NFL QB's can throw the ball standing. I think Russell is the real deal.

This was a joke right? You don't believe that any QBs in the NFL can only throw it that far do you?

Does anyone feel like Russell just really came on during this game and some teams may want a QB that has been a steady performer his whole college career?

The only problem with your theory is the fact that he entered the Sugar Bowl witha passer rating of 168. Check it out, he has been coming on for some time now.

Does anyone feel like Russell just really came on during this game and some teams may want a QB that has been a steady performer his whole college career?

Good point. Russell has had many good games in college, but earlier in the season the media was saying that LSU couldn't win against Auburn and Florida because of poor offensive play. Yes those were good opponents, but LSU scored a combined 13 points in those games. In those two games, Russell's numbers were good (44-76, 497 yards), but he three one touchdown and three picks.

All of this to say that too often the NFL teams get caught up in watching a guy one time, looking at his physical features and don't measure what he's done over a career. Yes, he's won games, but he's won the games he's supposed to win. Some times it works, but many times guys who come out with one solid "big-time win" on their resume are busts. Russell makes me think of the latter and going to Oakland only makes me worry more.