2007 Bowling Green

theguru

BGHS loses 30 Seniors from the 2006 team including Stuart Hines (UK), Avery Hibbitt (WKU), Ryan Beard (WKU), and Casey Tinius (WKU) who will all be signing in February. On offense, BGHS loses it's four top running backs in yardage gained, it's top receiver in yardage, and three offensive lineman. On defense, three LB's (Chris Tucker, Jeremy Mitchell and Tucker Jackson) will graduate as well as two starting DL and three starting DB's.

The returning starters include:

QB Trent Steelman

WR-DB D.L. Moore

TE Ryan Wallace

RB-OLB Jared Carpenter

DB Corbin Smith

OL Matt Taylor

OL Austin Beard

DL Robbie Johnson

DL John Hughes

OLB Caleb Hadden

LB Matt Van Meter

2007 Schedule

Boyle Co @ WKU

@ Trinity

North Hardin

@ Greenwood

Warren Central

@ Franklin-Simpson

Grayson County

@ Barren County

Warren East

@ Marshall County

BGHS loses 30 Seniors from the 2006 team including Stuart Hines (UK), Avery Hibbitt (WKU), Ryan Beard (WKU), and Casey Tinius (WKU) who will all be signing in February. On offense, BGHS loses it's four top running backs in yardage gained, it's top receiver in yardage, and three offensive lineman. On defense, three LB's (Chris Tucker, Jeremy Mitchell and Tucker Jackson) will graduate as well as two starting DL and three starting DB's.

The returning starters include:

QB Trent Steelman

WR-DB D.L. Moore

TE Ryan Wallace

RB-OLB Jared Carpenter

DB Corbin Smith

OL Matt Taylor

OL Austin Beard

DL Robbie Johnson

DL John Hughes

OLB Caleb Hadden

LB Matt Van Meter

2007 Schedule

Boyle Co @ WKU

@ Trinity

North Hardin

@ Greenwood

Warren Central

@ Franklin-Simpson

Grayson County

@ Barren County

Warren East

@ Marshall County

Thanks Bear. BG, while graduating a lot, still seems to have a decent amount of starters returning. What were the jersey numbers of the starters whom will be returning if you don't mind?

The last couple of years they've done a good job at beefing up their schedule and that's helped when the playoffs began. This past season they adapted somewhat to what they had and utilized their athletes better. Years past stop Vear & Quick Pitch and you was in good shape. This year they let their QB make plays down field with the WR Moore. Didn't have their ideal FB to run the vear like Wallace likes.

I think Bowling Green will still be favored to win the region. They're clearly going to be better than Warren Central that was hammered by graduation (less in numbers, more in terms of contribution to the team). They'll essentially get a pass out of the district and then it's just a matter of taking down a John Hardin or a Waggener. BG has done a good job in recent years of staying on top despite getting hit by graduation. The most important thing is that they return a lot of their OL and the top WR in the area (D.L. Moore) and a QB that is good enough to get him the ball (Steelman).

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Purples' chances of making a big noise in the first year of 5A football. The passing attack is in excellent shape with senior QB Steelman, senior WR Moore, and senior TE Wallace back. The RBs will be somewhat inexperienced (save for senior RB Tristan Neal), but will not lack in talent. It would not surprise me to see soph Lavance Anderson to have a season simular to what Avery Hibbitt had three years ago (his 128 points were a school record for a soph). Senior DB Corbin Smith led the team in takeaways last year. Senior Jared Carpenter is an outstanding athlete and will hit the good lick when the opportunity is there...will be a nice contributor to the efforts of the offensive backfield too.

Graduation ravaged the Purples in terms of experience, talent, and numbers (30 was the largest senior class in school history). Losses like that would cripple most programs. BGHS probably will not have the team that they've had in the last couple of years, but they will still present a formidable team in 2007.:D

We are looking forward to that first game @WKU. Should be a well of a ballgame, as the Rebels are young also, and is in somewhat of a rebuilding mode. Good luck BG, and I hope we both have injury free, outstanding seasons.

I'm looking very much forward to the Rebels coming to WKU for what should be an excellent matchup AND Mrs PH and I are also equally looking forward to meeting all of the super Boyle Co folks that we've made friends with here!

Both sides have been looking for this matchup for a while, haven't we?

Hey 88, be sure to look us up if you get a chance. My wheelchair and my genuine 1976 vintage gold #57 BGHS jersey are hard to miss! There are handicapped boxes right underneath the upper deck, and we'll be sitting toward the left side as you view the field.

Trivia: This will be the first time I've seen your head coach since he was a QB for AC-S playing against Franklin-Simpson in 1980! My nephew was a two-way starter (TE/BB) for Big Blue. I will be looking forward to getting in touch with Coach when I do the previews for the game program!:D