Notre Dame 63 Ryle 34

CVG

Was just total domination from the tip.  ND played bigger, faster, and more creative than Ryle.  Ryle has more individual talent but Notre Dame outplayed them utilizing their bench, tough defense, and efficient offense.  I've seen ND be plagued with foul trouble around the rim but was very discipline tonight against the Raiders and this seemed to really frustrate Ryle that typically gets to the line a lot.  This was unexpected.  Both have big games coming up.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was able to watch a lot of this on NFHS and the first half, when the game was a game, it was as if Ryle had never seen a full-court press, and had no idea to prepare for one.  Notre Dame is SO well-coached, those players play so hard, so smart, and so together, they are truly bought-in and it shows.  

Kudos to Maya Lawrie, the freshmen played terrific last night for the Pandas, worked so hard on both ends, made the baskets she was asked to make, blocked shots, rebounded, and battled for loose balls.  Such a great young lady too, always upbeat and positive and laughing about something, thrilled for her and her family to have a night like that in a game like that.

Macie Feldman continues to do whatever is needed, whenever it is needed, for her team.  

Noelle Hubert made her first 2 or 3 buckets going to the basket, that makes NDA even harder to guard.

Outside of Quinn, Ryle was super disappointing.  

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

I was able to watch a lot of this on NFHS and the first half, when the game was a game, it was as if Ryle had never seen a full-court press, and had no idea to prepare for one.  Notre Dame is SO well-coached, those players play so hard, so smart, and so together, they are truly bought-in and it shows.  

Kudos to Maya Lawrie, the freshmen played terrific last night for the Pandas, worked so hard on both ends, made the baskets she was asked to make, blocked shots, rebounded, and battled for loose balls.  Such a great young lady too, always upbeat and positive and laughing about something, thrilled for her and her family to have a night like that in a game like that.

Macie Feldman continues to do whatever is needed, whenever it is needed, for her team.  

Noelle Hubert made her first 2 or 3 buckets going to the basket, that makes NDA even harder to guard.

Outside of Quinn, Ryle was super disappointing.  

I was at the game, great synopsis. 

Couldn’t agree more on Maya Lawrie, she was great last night, but that’s typical Maya: quiet, hardworking and shows up in big games. Big things ahead for that young lady!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NDA has 4 losses, but I don't really count (or not concerned with) The Mount Notre Dame loss.  Two bad losses to Sacred Heart and in overtime to Bullet East.  I think NDA would like another shot at Bullet East, but Sacred Heart is legitimate bad match up for NDA.  

Is NDA, with their defensive style and depth, just a bad matchup for this talented Ryle team?  Go back to last year's upset loss in the Regional semi's, and they had Crittenden there to handle most of the pressure.  Ryle never looked comfortable in that game last year.  Was this just a bad night for Ryle, or does this NDA team (with their size, speed, defense, pace of play) create a worst case match up scenario for them?

17 minutes ago, Big Red said:

NDA has 4 losses, but I don't really count (or not concerned with) The Mount Notre Dame loss.  Two bad losses to Sacred Heart and in overtime to Bullet East.  I think NDA would like another shot at Bullet East, but Sacred Heart is legitimate bad match up for NDA.  

Is NDA, with their defensive style and depth, just a bad matchup for this talented Ryle team?  Go back to last year's upset loss in the Regional semi's, and they had Crittenden there to handle most of the pressure.  Ryle never looked comfortable in that game last year.  Was this just a bad night for Ryle, or does this NDA team (with their size, speed, defense, pace of play) create a worst case match up scenario for them?

I have seen both play but didn’t see the game last night. I would say it’s just a bad matchup. Ryle doesn’t go very deep and they have a ton of talent just not necessarily a ton of ballhandlers. That is a tough match up when Notre Dame probably plays 10 and a quick in your face defense/press.  That is not meant to diminish the skill set of anybody on their team by any stretch. They are just different types of teams.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Big Red said:

NDA did not play Mt. Notre Dame this season.  They currently are 20-3 with the two losses to Sacred Heart and one to Bullitt East.  They have played a difficult schedule this year that now has wins versus Mercy, Male, CAL, , Manual, Central, Cooper, Owen County and Ryle with the latest #1 ranked George Rogers Clark visiting Park Hills on Thursday.  They had scheduled games against Russell, Conner and Dixie that were canceled for weather/COVID as well.  To date they are playing against the 5th highest opponent’s winning percentage in the state.

The matchup with Sacred Heart has been frustrating when you then compare like openers such as Mercy(12 point NDA win) beating SHA and another 3-point victory for SHA against Central (14 point NDA win).

it shows that even though there are only a handful of “dominant” teams this year in KY, on any given night, anything can happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1