49ers 23 Cowboys 17

21 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

I hate their guts with every fiber of my being.   

To expound.  

The Cowboys have had players that I loved.  I watched Roger Staubach as a kid at Navy.  Later, Randy White at Maryland. I was fascinated by the concept of the world’s fastest man - Bullet Bob Hayes - playing football.  The cheerleaders?  Hell yes.   Hell hell yes  

But somewhere along the way came the America’s Team thing.  I resented it.   And to top it off, Jerry Jones.  The fact that they’re pretty much a clown show gives me great delight in my declining years. 

So many people feed into the noise and the hype and the overrating.  

It could be Opening Day of baseball season, the upcoming Masters, and the NCAA finals.  And odds are that the lead story on Get Up will be a Dallas Cowboy recovering from a hangnail. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, theguru said:

I don't know, the ref was hustling and was cut off.  I can't blame the refs on this one, I blame the Cowboys for running the ball in that situation.  They were crushing it throwing the ball and then boom a run and done.

I thought the 49ers pretty much dominated the game until the end. 

I am not talking about Dak's game ending run. I am talking about the replay officials making the ref re-spot then re-measure for the first down on the 49ers. There is no way video replay can conclusively re-spot the ball to the inch like that.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I am not talking about Dak's game ending run. I am talking about the replay officials making the ref re-spot then re-measure for the first down on the 49ers. There is no way video replay can conclusively re-spot the ball to the inch like that.

I thought replay was pretty clear that the ball was right to the edge of the line when his knee touched. I was shocked they put it exactly where I would have. The hash mark being right there made it easy to spot the ball, at least in my opinion. 

8 hours ago, theguru said:

I don't know, the ref was hustling and was cut off.  I can't blame the refs on this one, I blame the Cowboys for running the ball in that situation.  They were crushing it throwing the ball and then boom a run and done.

I thought the 49ers pretty much dominated the game until the end. 

Yes we  talked about this at the house.  The referee was hauling it to get there quick.  BIG mistake, as pointed out by Tony Romo was spotting the ball yourself as in Dak and the center and NOT giving it to the official once he was down.  Well first the big mistake was running the ball, but after that was the next big mistake.  The last 4 minutes of the game took about 30 minutes and had so many weird and unusual happenings.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

9 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I thought replay was pretty clear that the ball was right to the edge of the line when his knee touched. I was shocked they put it exactly where I would have. The hash mark being right there made it easy to spot the ball, at least in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, cincyswords said:

Yes we  talked about this at the house.  The referee was hauling it to get there quick.  BIG mistake, as pointed out by Tony Romo was spotting the ball yourself as in Dak and the center and NOT giving it to the official once he was down.  Well first the big mistake was running the ball, but after that was the next big mistake.  The last 4 minutes of the game took about 30 minutes and had so many weird and unusual happenings.  

Like I complained about in the Bengals/Raiders thread, the re-spot/re-measure was yet another way a play was reviewed and "changed" after a play was over.  I am confused on what the rules are in the NFL but I will say like Romo and JD, I thought the spot after the review was more accurate than the spot on the field.  And on that play, that had to come from "New York," correct?  And if so, it is on the NFL, not the refs.  Again, the NFL needs to get its act together and be consistent and follow one set of procedures/rules. 

Rex Ryan brought up something that I hadn't thought of until I heard him.

The margin for error on the final play of the game was so small that the Cowboys should not have tried to clock the ball, but to actually run a play.  The "clock play" itself could have exhausted the final half-second on the game clock.