John Madden passes at 85

Madden grew on me over the years. Initially, I thought he was a clown. As I got older, I grew to understand his antics were just his way of expressing his passion for the sport he loved.

I'm glad he was able to see the special Fox did on him that aired this past weekend, to know just how much of an impact he had on people in the game.

RIP Coach.

Madden and Summerall were the best, I loved it when they did the games.

I've not had every Madden Football over the years but I've had several starting with first console version.

I've received more joy from Madden Football over the years than any game not named MarioKart.

Rest in Peace Coach 🏈 🏈🏈

• Like 2

Madden struck me as the type of person that anything he touched, it turned to gold. Whether it was coaching (highest winning percentage in NFL history), broadcasting as the lead color commentator for years on America's most watched tv program, or endorsements (Madden, Tenactin).

He was beloved by his players.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 10:05 AM, bugatti said:

Madden struck me as the type of person that anything he touched, it turned to gold. Whether it was coaching (highest winning percentage in NFL history), broadcasting as the lead color commentator for years on America's most watched tv program, or endorsements (Madden, Tenactin).

He was beloved by his players.

Great point, never gave that much consideration but he was a bit of a golden goose. The guy just had an honest joy and enthusiasm about him. 

• Like 1