Browns 41 Bengals 16

Final. It is hard to believe that just two short weeks ago the Bengals were the #1 seed in the AFC and now they are in last place again in the AFC North. Congrats to the Browns they just outplayed the Bengals today in all aspects of the game. Hopefully the Bengals will be able during the bye week to get some issues worked out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Just don’t see how you can go from being a top 10 D to not being able to stop a nosebleed the last 2 weeks??

It's all Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton's fault. Oops, that's right, they are gone. Just used to everyone blaming them for every thumping lol.

2 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Just don’t see how you can go from being a top 10 D to not being able to stop a nosebleed the last 2 weeks??

While the defense definitely didn’t play good today. The main reason for the lost today was the offense, not the defense. The defense held the Browns offense to 361 yards for the game, and just 3 of 9 on third down, and 2 of 4 in the red zone. Now obviously the defense did give up the two huge plays in the long touchdown pass, and the long touchdown run. Which you can’t give up big plays like that. However, the rest of the time the defense I didn’t think was horrible. Wasn’t good,  but not horrible. 

The problem was the offense more than the defense. Obviously the pick 6 to start the game. Then another interception and a fumble in our own territory which gave the Browns real short fields. The offense allowed a lot of pressure to Burrow, many dropped passes, etc. The offense was the big reason for how bad today was IMO. 

6 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

This is the second time you have made this comment in a Bengals thread. What is your purpose or point?

For years it was always their fault according to the fans in Cincinnati. Just having a little fun. Learned many years ago that when you win coaching and QB get too much credit.....when you lose coaching and QB get too much blame. There are a lot more people involved. Have watched that coaching thing play out even more so in HS and college.... except in college they are being paid a helluva salary with big buyouts.

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2021 at 4:09 PM, 16thBBall Fan said:

Final. It is hard to believe that just two short weeks ago the Bengals were the #1 seed in the AFC and now they are in last place again in the AFC North. Congrats to the Browns they just outplayed the Bengals today in all aspects of the game. Hopefully the Bengals will be able during the bye week to get some issues worked out.

I'm not talking trash here... while that may be true on paper (#1 seed two weeks ago), not many people believed then or now that the Bengals will win the AFC North.  Am I right on this?  

5 minutes ago, oldgrappler said:

I'm not talking trash here... while that may be true on paper (#1 seed two weeks ago), not many people believed then or now that the Bengals will win the AFC North.  Am I right on this?  

The way they played against the Ravens I wasn’t sure they were the #1 seed in the entire AFC but I definitely thought that going into that game I thought the Ravens were the best team in the AFC north. So yes two weeks ago I for sure thought they could win the division but now two weeks later they look like the worst team. Ahh the life of a Bengals fan. 

I will say I still don’t have faith in Baker carrying the Browns I think they will go as far as Chubb carries them. When Chubb has not played or Rushed for under 100 yards they are only 2-3. Right now I would personally rank the AFC North 1) Ravens 2) Tie Steelers/Browns 4) Bengals. However by Dec. it could be different I don’t think their is a lot of difference in all 4 teams personally. 

I agree with your analysis of the AFC North.  I think for the Browns it comes down to how well their defense plays.  Their offense is the better unit.  The Browns defense played well against the Bengals.  I was concerned going in because Burrow is a good QB and the Browns have had trouble this year with teams who have top-tier QBs: Chiefs, Chargers, and Cardinals are examples.  I had hoped Mayfield would be a top-tier QB, but he is not.  However, he is good and I believe he is a "franchise" QB, depending on your definition of franchise.  I think he is good enough to win a Super Bowl, but all the other pieces will have to be there, along with a little bit of luck.  He could be in Cleveland a long time.  This depends on who the coach is.  I think Stefanski can get the most out of him.  

It looks like when the Browns defense is healthy, they can be really good.  The secondary is greatly improved this year.  Newsome is very capable opposite Ward.  But the defense has taken it on the chin in several games.  They are not consistent.  If I am being honest, I think the Ravens will win the North.  I think the Browns are better than the Steelers but we missed a good opportunity to beat them at home.  

Chubb is a beast.  He may be the best back in the league.  Henry gets a lot of carries.  If Chubb had that many carries he would lead the league in rushing, with the caveat that he remain healthy.  Any time he touches the ball, on any yard line,  he legitimately has the potential to break a tackle and take it to the end zone.  But it is hard to win in this league with just the run.  Teams score quick and often.  

• Like 2