Ryle vs Cooper Predictions/Updates

Who do you think will win this game?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win?

I'll take Ryle in a good game on the road. Probably follows the historical precedent with a close score, but will be one of the better tilts this week. I think Cooper is a good team, I'm not so sure I am 100% all in yet. Most of Coopers yardage on the ground came on two runs, and they were benefactors when Dixie false started stalling in the red zone, along with a few uncharacteristic drops. Coopers offense didn't do much in the second half, but did move the ball when they had to keep the clock moving. Ryle has the size and athletes that can stop the run and make Cooper one dimensional. Ryle wins but they may find this one harder to come by.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Finkle Ray said:

I'll take Ryle in a good game on the road. Probably follows the historical precedent with a close score, but will be one of the better tilts this week. I think Cooper is a good team, I'm not so sure I am 100% all in yet. Most of Coopers yardage on the ground came on two runs, and they were benefactors when Dixie false started stalling in the red zone, along with a few uncharacteristic drops. Coopers offense didn't do much in the second half, but did move the ball when they had to keep the clock moving. Ryle has the size and athletes that can stop the run and make Cooper one dimensional. Ryle wins but they may find this one harder to come by.

Cooper the first drive in the second half drove the ball 90 yards down to the 5 before stalling. Then had another drive down the the 10 yard line in the second half. So Cooper did still move the ball effectively in the second half, but Dixie did a good job getting stops once inside the ten and forcing field goals, or else Cooper wins the game kind of going away in the second half. That’s not even mentioning Cooper getting stopped inside the 5 right before half and having to settle for a field goal then too.  So your second half assessment is a little off, and the what if part can be used both ways. 

With that said, it was two good teams last week with Dixie and Cooper. It is two good teams again this week with Ryle and Cooper. The battle of Union is always a good hard fought game. It should be a good one for sure. 

6 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Cooper the first drive in the second half drove the ball 90 yards down to the 5 before stalling. Then had another drive down the the 10 yard line in the second half. So Cooper did still move the ball effectively in the second half, but Dixie did a good job getting stops once inside the ten and forcing field goals, or else Cooper wins the game kind of going away in the second half. That’s not even mentioning Cooper getting stopped inside the 5 right before half and having to settle for a field goal then too.  So your second half assessment is a little off, and the what if part can be used both ways. 

With that said, it was two good teams last week with Dixie and Cooper. It is two good teams again this week with Ryle and Cooper. The battle of Union is always a good hard fought game. It should be a good one for sure. 

I think what Finkle Ray is getting at is that there is a difference to being stopped, as opposed to the opposing team shooting itself in the foot. At the end of the day Cooper did enough to win because they are a good team. You have two good examples of drives in the second half for Cooper where they couldn't get it done that illustrate his point. Cooper didn't stall, they were stopped. Dixie shot itself in the foot with unforced errors the whole game. And for those Cooper fans I am not taking away from the really good things they did like control the clock, and find a way to cover two really good receivers. Cooper will need to figure out their offensive struggles in the red zone if they want to continue their winning ways. Ryle is a very similar team to what Cooper just saw, and if they can't figure out the red zone, they don't win.

6 hours ago, hogstooth said:

I think what Finkle Ray is getting at is that there is a difference to being stopped, as opposed to the opposing team shooting itself in the foot. At the end of the day Cooper did enough to win because they are a good team. You have two good examples of drives in the second half for Cooper where they couldn't get it done that illustrate his point. Cooper didn't stall, they were stopped. Dixie shot itself in the foot with unforced errors the whole game. And for those Cooper fans I am not taking away from the really good things they did like control the clock, and find a way to cover two really good receivers. Cooper will need to figure out their offensive struggles in the red zone if they want to continue their winning ways. Ryle is a very similar team to what Cooper just saw, and if they can't figure out the red zone, they don't win.

Which at that point then I think it is fair to say they were stopped because someone for example missed a block that led to a sack like before half. Or a running play a guy not blocking the right guy, and that also led to being stopped. So it is just as easy to say Cooper got stopped, because of possible blown responsibilities that led to helping Dixie get those stops. As I said it literally works both ways. 

From Dixies point of view it’s fair to think man if we don’t fumble, or if we catch a couple passes we are right there. From Coopers point of view, they probably thinking man if we don’t throw that interception early and finish those drives and made the right plays once inside the 10. Then they win the game going away with a possible score of 34 to 10. 

Thats literally every football game ever, where both sides can say and think well if this just went different. 

• Like 1