27 minutes ago, YOUTH2019 said:

What happens if he for some reason he does not win that again.  You would think he would be a clear cut favorite but does it look bad on him if he loses the title even after staying.  Double edge sword.  I assume he is staying just for football.  

It’s extremely hard to win Mr Football once, and you think if he doesn’t win it again, then that somehow would make him look bad?

The Heisman trophy has only been won twice by the same guy, in the history of the award.

• Like 2

I’m hearing many players off this past seasons’ team are going to utilize the SSYP. Will have significant implications on the future of football in the 2a class. 

On 4/30/2021 at 11:34 AM, BBN_34 said:

I’m hearing many players off this past seasons’ team are going to utilize the SSYP. Will have significant implications on the future of football in the 2a class. 

Beechwood only had three or four seniors that started for them last year. They were a young team overall. Unless you are saying a number of the underclassmen are going to repeat.

19 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Beechwood only had three or four seniors that started for them last year. They were a young team overall. Unless you are saying a number of the underclassmen are going to repeat.

I’ve heard of a few juniors who are planning to repeat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2021 at 6:49 PM, Samcro said:

Any truth to the rumor that Hergott is coming back for a fifth year?

On 3/10/2021 at 7:12 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

FragrantBogusHoopoe-max-1mb.gif

Cameron Hergott
@CamHergott24

"I am excited to announce that I will be reclassifying to the c/o 2022 at Beechwood High School!"

E1D7hSMXoAANFbs?format=jpg&name=small
  • Thanks 1

That settles that...

Go Tigers!

• Like 1

Hergott's decision is strictly an athletic decision and not right in many ways. Why should the tax payers of Ft. Mitchell have their tax dollars go to him and any of the others mentioned who are strictly making this decision for athletics.  If this decision was based on academics, I get it and all for it.  It 100% is not, it is based on not liking his scholarship options and that is not right the tax payers are on the hook to support this decision.  He had his 4 years and had a great career, move on!   

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, bjknku02 said:

Hergott's decision is strictly an athletic decision and not right in many ways. Why should the tax payers of Ft. Mitchell have their tax dollars go to him and any of the others mentioned who are strictly making this decision for athletics.  If this decision was based on academics, I get it and all for it.  It 100% is not, it is based on not liking his scholarship options and that is not right the tax payers are on the hook to support this decision.  He had his 4 years and had a great career, move on!   

Been my thoughts about this all along with not just Cam.  Would be different if the football season would have been cancelled and these guys wanted a senior year, I get it.  Not a fan....

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, bjknku02 said:

I'm all for it if it helps him or others out. Plus, I'd like to get him down here and send him on his merry way.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bjknku02 said:

Agree 1000%.  IMO nobody should be repeating.  Everyone should be moving on as a full season was played and state champions crowned.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

I'm all for it if it helps him or others out. Plus, I'd like to get him down here and send him on his merry way.

What about the kids behind him and the others who are now legitimate seniors and have put in the time, waiting patiently behind these guys that are coming back?  It doesn't help those guys out at all.  Do you just say screw you to those kids?    

• Like 1

I fully support this young mans decision. I personally have a different opinion about this than most I would assume. I first think about all the current athletes who play that has already been held back of course at a younger age but they are still eligible to play because of the birthday falling where it works. I have talked to a many of a parent who just wasn't thinking of a child playing a sport at the time of there birth. Sure some parents are all over it but not as many as you think. Then you have these blossoming high school students who have good birthdays but the 4 year rule keeps them from reclassifying. Then a parent will say something like man, I wished I would have thought about this years ago, what might have been. I honestly see this as one of those rare if ever moments where some kids who probably would have can now because of a rule change for one year. When I first heard of this possibility I thought, man it would be nice. Then I thought, it will never happen. Well it did. I work in construction and get around all over the state. I talk to a lot of people especially about football. Honestly, the comment I hear the most is "you would be crazy not to come back". I get on these forums and am kinda shocked that there is so many who are dead against it. I realize there are always going to be people against anything. I cant possibly make myself get upset at a kid who decides they might try to use another year to better themselves. What I see, is more opportunity to improve that act score, and if one gets a better scholarship then why not. I'll donate my money for the cause. I see too many athletes giving up here in the mountains that now carry a backpack to a drug dealer walking up and down a road looking like a skeleton. Sad thing is, those people get more of my tax money than a kid coming back for one year to play football. 

• Like 2

Lots of opinions on here .... wonder if those opinions have any experience behind them. I have a son who plays college ball....that being said, the fact that Cam had no camps to attend is a direct reflection on his options to choose from.  I understand 100% his decision! You could be the next Joe Burrow but if recruits can't lay eyes on you it doesn't matter. Camps are the MOST important part of the recruiting process in this day and age folks! Let the kid do his thing and chase after his dream! I for one tip my hat to the kid for going all in! Go big or go home! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bjknku02 said:

I am pretty sure Cam is a tuition student at Beechwood so him coming back sounds like a win for the bottom line. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bjknku02 said:

What about the kids behind him and the others who are now legitimate seniors and have put in the time, waiting patiently behind these guys that are coming back?  It doesn't help those guys out at all.  Do you just say screw you to those kids?    

I say work hard and stay as a junior or whatever, you'll be glad you did.

• Like 1