Beechwood - 2021 Schedule

1 hour ago, ImJustHere said:

The pipeline is full that’s for sure. The fact that we can sit here and speculate 3-4 names says enough in itself. My one thought about this upcoming offense is you might see Berger move from the slot to the RB position to ensure he touches the ball more. He played RB in the goal line package a couple of times and I would say you might see it a good bit more this coming up season. I don’t think there’s anyone next season that’ll throw the ball around like Hergott. That’s not a knock towards upcoming players, just a realization. You combat that by putting the ball in your playmakers hands anyway you can. I won’t be surprised if Beechwood has 4-5 guys in the backfield that touch the ball this year! Just my thoughts on the upcoming season! 

I agree. For what Berger usage might look like this year, look back at Brett Slusher's senior season.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I agree. For what Berger usage might look like this year, look back at Brett Slusher's senior season.

Perfect example. I would love to see the tigers run that power formation they use on short yardage plays, a lot more this year coming up. Fun watching a little smash mouth football when you’re so used to air raiding the whole game. If the roster is as full as I expect it to be, they’ll be able to do this all night long too if they so choose. I’m excited. I want to see the last teams to be put to the schedule and then it’s time to really go to work! 

4 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Has Beechwood ever scheduled a BYE during the season under Coach Rash? I don't think so.

Not to the best of my knowledge. I guess either the scheduling gauntlet was a little too difficult to make the Week 1 BYE happen this year...or the financial compensation for the KOB Bowl was too nice to pass on?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I wonder if Beechwood will allow 5th year players and if so will Mr. Football be back with the Tigers this season. 

If so, I think that makes Beechwood the clear favorite to repeat in 2A. 

He’s one of the few kids I see that benefit from this happening. Low-Mid D1 kid who could’ve absolutely benefited from summer camps last year and would probably be at a different school in my opinion if he would’ve had his summer to prove himself. The Low-Mid could become a Mid-High if he stays. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ImJustHere said:

He’s one of the few kids I see that benefit from this happening. Low-Mid D1 kid who could’ve absolutely benefited from summer camps last year and would probably be at a different school in my opinion if he would’ve had his summer to prove himself. The Low-Mid could become a Mid-High if he stays. 

I agree.

1 hour ago, ImJustHere said:

I’m sort of torn on this. It would be great if he came back and earned a D1 offer for himself, and obviously well worth it. On the other hand, he was a 3 year starter for three full seasons with extended playoff runs in each. That’s at least 40+ games of tape colleges watched and decided not to offer. At this point, would colleges think, you are who you are as a player? Hope the best for him either way.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

I’m sort of torn on this. It would be great if he came back and earned a D1 offer for himself, and obviously well worth it. On the other hand, he was a 3 year starter for three full seasons with extended playoff runs in each. That’s at least 40+ games of tape colleges watched and decided not to offer. At this point, would colleges think, you are who you are as a player? Hope the best for him either way.

Yeah I completely understand this take and partially agree with it. But if he wants to try and better his future who is to say it’s a bad idea? Wish the best for whoever decides to go back for another year.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BlueKernels said:

Gotta keep in mind that not only were there no camps to audition last summer, but also that the NCAA already granted extra year eligibility to their players. Doesnt matter how much tape you have to show, its Simple math. Less scholarships available which meant a Mr. Kentucky football ends up a PWO.  How is that fair to him, or any one these talented mid/low D1 talents settling for PWO and NAIA scholarships?  Rolls downhill folks.  If ya didnt see this coming, youve been sleeping the last year......  Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LoudenSwain said:

Gotta keep in mind that not only were there no camps to audition last summer, but also that the NCAA already granted extra year eligibility to their players. Doesnt matter how much tape you have to show, its Simple math. Less scholarships available which meant a Mr. Kentucky football ends up a PWO.  How is that fair to him, or any one these talented mid/low D1 talents settling for PWO and NAIA scholarships?  Rolls downhill folks.  If ya didnt see this coming, youve been sleeping the last year......  Just my opinion. 

So do you think if he stays he lands a laundry list of more offers? I am all for him staying as I am a tiger fan and wish as much success as possible, but am curious your opinion and really everyone else’s on what happens to his future if he chooses to stay?