Beechwood - 2021 Schedule

14 minutes ago, ImJustHere said:

So do you think if he stays he lands a laundry list of more offers? I am all for him staying as I am a tiger fan and wish as much success as possible, but am curious your opinion and really everyone else’s on what happens to his future if he chooses to stay? 

"Laundry list of more offers?" No.

More offers than he already had? Absolutely.

D1 offer instead of D1 PWO? Almost assuredly. He'll be more developed, more experienced, and more than likely physically bigger after another year.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

"Laundry list of more offers?" No.

More offers than he already had? Absolutely.

D1 offer instead of D1 PWO? Almost assuredly. He'll be more developed, more experienced, and more than likely physically bigger after another year.

I’d have to agree. I see more coming if he stays. I just know know how many more. How many more will he want to see to deem the redo worth it as well? There’s got to be a point where if he stays he says to himself “okay doing all this has paid off.”

1 hour ago, LoudenSwain said:

Gotta keep in mind that not only were there no camps to audition last summer, but also that the NCAA already granted extra year eligibility to their players. Doesnt matter how much tape you have to show, its Simple math. Less scholarships available which meant a Mr. Kentucky football ends up a PWO.  How is that fair to him, or any one these talented mid/low D1 talents settling for PWO and NAIA scholarships?  Rolls downhill folks.  If ya didnt see this coming, youve been sleeping the last year......  Just my opinion. 

I hope you’re right and he gets some offers if he chooses to come back. But again, many schools start offering kids after sophomore and junior year, which was not impacted by COVID at all. Many kids do receive D1 offers just based off of film as well, as camps have just now started back up. He is obviously really talented, however, its really hard to get a D1 football offer, I believe the number is roughly 1% of high school football players. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ImJustHere said:

So do you think if he stays he lands a laundry list of more offers? I am all for him staying as I am a tiger fan and wish as much success as possible, but am curious your opinion and really everyone else’s on what happens to his future if he chooses to stay? 

Laundry list? No. But finding a spot that is full ride on a team that he can compete, after NCAA 5th and 6th yr kids graduate?  Absolutely. and this isn’t just about him. It’s about every kid at every school who is facing these numbers issues. Is what it is. Numbers. 

8 hours ago, BlueKernels said:

I hope you’re right and he gets some offers if he chooses to come back. But again, many schools start offering kids after sophomore and junior year, which was not impacted by COVID at all. Many kids do receive D1 offers just based off of film as well, as camps have just now started back up. He is obviously really talented, however, its really hard to get a D1 football offer, I believe the number is roughly 1% of high school football players. 

Dude, you are so wrong on this. What schools? The % of kids who lands offers that early is so small in football. COVID absolutely decimated this class if you were a mid/low D1 level prospect. Those kids are encouraged to go to the schools camp for first hand evaluations. Can offers come without that?  Sure. But most assuredly not just from film. I have seen the most bizarre requests this year. No mention of grades, but how big are hands, and exact measurements please. Don’t care what position you are now, we want you for “x”. No film to study there is there? Lol. Point is this year our entire world was thrown off its axis. Can’t blame any kid, and I know plenty in NKY, who would benefit from coming back and doing just that. Plus, who wouldn’t want to relive being 17/18? Agree to disagree on this one bud. 

37 minutes ago, LoudenSwain said:

Dude, you are so wrong on this. What schools? The % of kids who lands offers that early is so small in football. COVID absolutely decimated this class if you were a mid/low D1 level prospect. Those kids are encouraged to go to the schools camp for first hand evaluations. Can offers come without that?  Sure. But most assuredly not just from film. I have seen the most bizarre requests this year. No mention of grades, but how big are hands, and exact measurements please. Don’t care what position you are now, we want you for “x”. No film to study there is there? Lol. Point is this year our entire world was thrown off its axis. Can’t blame any kid, and I know plenty in NKY, who would benefit from coming back and doing just that. Plus, who wouldn’t want to relive being 17/18? Agree to disagree on this one bud. 

Not blaming any kid for wanting to try, never said that. However, go to any of the football recruiting sites and look at the huge number of kids getting offers after their soph and junior seasons, it’s really common. It’s actually more un likely for someone to earn their first offer to an FBS school during/after their senior season, but obviously still does at times, especially for MAC and similar type schools. I hope it works out for any kid who comes back for a 5th year, just think most of the 2021 class would have already had offers after soph/junior seasons if they were at the FBS level. 

On 3/26/2021 at 12:55 AM, BlueKernels said:

Not blaming any kid for wanting to try, never said that. However, go to any of the football recruiting sites and look at the huge number of kids getting offers after their soph and junior seasons, it’s really common. It’s actually more un likely for someone to earn their first offer to an FBS school during/after their senior season, but obviously still does at times, especially for MAC and similar type schools. I hope it works out for any kid who comes back for a 5th year, just think most of the 2021 class would have already had offers after soph/junior seasons if they were at the FBS level. 

Agree.

The one thing that is a factor is no camps the summer before senior season. That probably hurt a number of borderline D1 scholarship players.

• 2 weeks later...

So if Hergott does come back for a fifth year does that push all the players behind him at QB to reclassify as well? That's the interesting part of this to me is what happens to the next player(s). I wish him all the luck whatever decision he makes - great player and represents BW well. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, theguru said:

I had someone tell me today that Cam is in fact going to come back for a 5th year but I am not able to confirm it at this point.

Anyone?

I’m not familiar with the NKY scene, but I did hear from a fairly reliable source who is, that Cam is indeed coming back next year.  I guess we will see.  Has there ever been a 2x winner of Mr. Football in KY?

2 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Is the Fort Mitchell school district allowing this or is he trying to head elsewhere?

The school district controls 2 schools, both starting with Beechwood.  I think if the star football player wants to return, the school district will allow it.  Lol.

9 hours ago, nees1212 said:

The school district controls 2 schools, both starting with Beechwood.  I think if the star football player wants to return, the school district will allow it.  Lol.

Just a reminder its an all or none proposition.  The district cannot pick and choose who does this.  You either let them all do it or nobody do it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

Just a reminder its an all or none proposition.  The district cannot pick and choose who does this.  You either let them all do it or nobody do it.

Fully aware.  And with a district containing only 2 schools and the demographics of the area, they're not going to have many wanting to do this.  

On 4/27/2021 at 8:41 PM, Unrivaled97 said:

I’m not familiar with the NKY scene, but I did hear from a fairly reliable source who is, that Cam is indeed coming back next year.  I guess we will see.  Has there ever been a 2x winner of Mr. Football in KY?

What happens if he for some reason he does not win that again.  You would think he would be a clear cut favorite but does it look bad on him if he loses the title even after staying.  Double edge sword.  I assume he is staying just for football.