Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Pieced together from other schedules...


Aug 13 at Cooper (Scrimmage)
Aug 20 at Fairdale (King Of The Bluegrass Bowl)
Aug 27 at Paintsville
Sep 3 vs. Somerset
Sep 10 at Simon Kenton
Sep 17 vs. Covington Catholic
Sep 24 - BYE
Oct 1 vs. Dixie Heights
Oct 8 at Covington Holy Cross (District)
Oct 15 at Lloyd Memorial (District)
Oct 22 vs. Newport (District)
Oct 29 vs. Newport Central Catholic


Beechwood.thumb.jpg.63614e0f7cfed1e21d3d59b2e4a4b1f4.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like the Beechwood vs. Corbin series is taking a break for now.

No indication as of yet whether or not Somerset will be filling in one of the two remaining dates for the Tigers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the RPI being such a big indicator of playoffs and the road to state, having two 1A teams hurts Beechwood in that aspect. But with that being said I expect the Tigers to win both of those games. For the rest of the schedule, I see the Tigers being competitive in all of the non-district games! Hard to really tell how good this team will be with losing your 3 year starting QB. They bring back almost the entire starting roster on both sides of the ball, but that will continue to be overshadowed by the giant ? at the QB position! Regardless, Go Tigers! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ImJustHere said:

With the RPI being such a big indicator of playoffs and the road to state, having two 1A teams hurts Beechwood in that aspect. But with that being said I expect the Tigers to win both of those games. For the rest of the schedule, I see the Tigers being competitive in all of the non-district games! Hard to really tell how good this team will be with losing your 3 year starting QB. They bring back almost the entire starting roster on both sides of the ball, but that will continue to be overshadowed by the giant ? at the QB position! Regardless, Go Tigers! 

I'm definitely interested to hear more about the post below from @Asmith2731...
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'm definitely interested to hear more about the post below from @Asmith2731...
 

 

I agree. If they can find a solid QB. This team will be another final 4 caliber team.  You bring in BW from highlands, and add to the best coaching staff around. Your only spot to fill is QB and we have zero insight on who has the step ahead as of right now. I’ve heard rumors of people coming back to play now that the spot is open. The cupboard is full in Ft. Mitchell, and I hope Rash and company figure out the million dollar question just fine. But we won’t know until the first game of the season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ImJustHere said:

I agree. If they can find a solid QB. This team will be another final 4 caliber team.  You bring in BW from highlands, and add to the best coaching staff around. Your only spot to fill is QB and we have zero insight on who has the step ahead as of right now. I’ve heard rumors of people coming back to play now that the spot is open. The cupboard is full in Ft. Mitchell, and I hope Rash and company figure out the million dollar question just fine. But we won’t know until the first game of the season.  

I am under the assumption that Coach Weinrich is going to be the DC, is there correct? Who was the DC last year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I am under the assumption that Coach Weinrich is going to be the DC, is there correct? Who was the DC last year? 

I am under the same assumption as well. I believe Rash ran the defense last year. I am assuming he will be taking on a more head coaching role. Weinrich at DC and I think Greg Hergott at OC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ImJustHere said:

I am under the same assumption as well. I believe Rash ran the defense last year. I am assuming he will be taking on a more head coaching role. Weinrich at DC and I think Greg Hergott at OC. 

Very talented staff. I think Coach W will flourish again having to only worry about coaching defense. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kenny Powers said:

Very talented staff. I think Coach W will flourish again having to only worry about coaching defense. 

Not to mention he’s coming into a coaching role that only loses 3 starters on his side of the ball. The defense will be the real deal this coming up year under the minds of Rash and Coach W! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any truth to the rumor that Hergott is coming back for a fifth year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 5:25 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'm definitely interested to hear more about the post below from @Asmith2731...
 

 

I cannot say this individual is going to be QB 1 as a sophomore.  But I  do know he has transferred in with the intent to do so. I  saw him throwing on Tuesday after track practice and his arm looked strong and accurate. Missing basically his freshman year takes away from experience but I  watched this kid play QB from 1st grade. Has always dominated as a duel threat QB such as Hergott... Side note... I saw this kid dunk in 8th grade... lol Time will tell who comes out as QB1 this year but it looks like the Tigers have some great options! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Asmith2731 said:

I cannot say this individual is going to be QB 1 as a sophomore.  But I  do know he has transferred in with the intent to do so. I  saw him throwing on Tuesday after track practice and his arm looked strong and accurate. Missing basically his freshman year takes away from experience but I  watched this kid play QB from 1st grade. Has always dominated as a duel threat QB such as Hergott... Side note... I saw this kid dunk in 8th grade... lol Time will tell who comes out as QB1 this year but it looks like the Tigers have some great options! 

The pipeline is full that’s for sure. The fact that we can sit here and speculate 3-4 names says enough in itself. My one thought about this upcoming offense is you might see Berger move from the slot to the RB position to ensure he touches the ball more. He played RB in the goal line package a couple of times and I would say you might see it a good bit more this coming up season. I don’t think there’s anyone next season that’ll throw the ball around like Hergott. That’s not a knock towards upcoming players, just a realization. You combat that by putting the ball in your playmakers hands anyway you can. I won’t be surprised if Beechwood has 4-5 guys in the backfield that touch the ball this year! Just my thoughts on the upcoming season! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.