St. Xavier New Stadium and Athletic Complex...

Riverside 157

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, I'm sure I won't be able to duplicate my view from the endzone fence that I enjoyed at Historic Manual Stadium.

I too will forever cherish the chain link scars/indentations I possess on my forearms from that majestic view. The only negative was the lengthy sprint to the restrooms at halftime following pre-game preparations at Check's. :D

Hopefully the dinner matches the comraderie of the ST. FRANCIS XAVIER SOCIETY!

The bar planning results of Xtiger69's dinner party should definitely be reported at the 2/8 SFX Dinner. I'm sure that would be a great place to find some BIG-TIME additional financial backing as well. :thumb:

The first home football game will be on August 24 against Ballard. We are currently doing a lot of brainstorming on various ideas to make this a VERY SPECIAL EVENT. :dancingpa

For those of you wanting a little sneak peek at the new diggs but don't want to wait until August, you can come out to the home opener for the Baseball Tigers. It's scheduled for March 26, 2007 against Meade County at 5:30 PM.

It's my understanding there are some pretty big festivities planned for that day as well.

The 2007 schedule got posted this week:

http://www.saintx.com/athletics_schedule.asp?Sport=Baseball&Team=Varsity&ID=19&Season=Spring

I hate to hear that, Tony. I thought for sure that I could count on you to be there. I'd already lined up about 160 alums who wanted to have their pictures taken with you...a lot of them were from the Class of '86 (:D ). I guess I'll just have to find another beauty somewhere to make the grand entrance in the stretch Bentley. :cry:

Well gosh Ox....for all that I just might clear my schedule! :D :D

I hate to hear that, Tony. I thought for sure that I could count on you to be there. I'd already lined up about 160 alums who wanted to have their pictures taken with you...a lot of them were from the Class of '86 (:D ). I guess I'll just have to find another beauty somewhere to make the grand entrance in the stretch Bentley. :cry:

Good luck, but you will be hard pressed to find a beauty to match TD!:thumb:

The track should be finished before the end of track season, but I doubt if the track team will be able to use it. The bleachers and field house will still be under construction and I doubt if the the construction company would let anybody on the track due to liability reasons. Hopefully they can work something out.

OC- AD told the CC team at their banquet that there will be track meets held this year but they have to finish the turf before they start on the track- They were waiting for 5-7 days of dry weather for the glues to take to lay down the turf. I guess the machines to sew the turf would injure the track but AD said we will run some meets later in the season.

In the mean time Coy's is being reopened shortly...go there OR there is a upscale :lol: place behind/beside Cissna's Sporting Goods :laugh: :laugh: !

Not that quickly....the guy that owned Coy's owes a fortune to the IRS, LG&E, Sysco, and the owner of the equipment in the kitchen, it will be a little while.

OC- AD told the CC team at their banquet that there will be track meets held this year but they have to finish the turf before they start on the track- They were waiting for 5-7 days of dry weather for the glues to take to lay down the turf. I guess the machines to sew the turf would injure the track but AD said we will run some meets later in the season.

Sounds great:ylsuper:

In the mean time Coy's is being reopened shortly...go there OR there is a upscale :lol: place behind/beside Cissna's Sporting Goods :laugh: :laugh: !

That's a long walk from Coy's to St. X and if you were like me after leaving Chex I was not in condition to drive a car. You might be speaking of the pizza pub behind/next to Cissna's although I don't know the name or how great it is.

:thumb:

• 4 weeks later...
Good luck, but you will be hard pressed to find a beauty to match TD!:thumb:

Why thanks Diogenes!

Just so ya'll know my schedule is cleared for that weekend the stadium opens. I will be more than happy to be the Grand Marshal of the parade. :lol: :lol: :lol: