St. Xavier New Stadium and Athletic Complex...

Riverside 157

I have heard that it will not be ready for this season. Should be interesting to see what the track team does for workouts. This will also effect the Mercy track team, as they do their workouts at X.

Isn't Mercy's new track at their new campus about done?

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When all of the Project X expansion work is completed, will there be other schools which can claim to have excellent facilities which include: Football, track staduim, Baseball stadium, Tennis complex, soccer, swimming and lacross fields, field house, training center, gymnasium...? I'm sure there are some schools that have similar facilities, any ideas who they are?

When all of the Project X expansion work is completed, will there be other schools which can claim to have excellent facilities which include: Football, track staduim, Baseball stadium, Tennis complex, soccer, swimming and lacross fields, field house, training center, gymnasium...? I'm sure there are some schools that have similar facilities, any ideas who they are?

X will have the best overall facility no doubt. Did they build a new football locker room and weight room as well?

Have not seen the plans or the interior of the "Field House", but I'm sure it will not be short on "Facilities". I understood that it would contain locker rooms for both (Tigers and Visitors), athletic training equipment / facilities, and offices just to get started. Not real sure what the final product will contain. We will have to wait till August...

No need for a new weight room, it's currently 12,000 sq. feet. How big is the weight room (not the entire Marshall Center) at T? The current football locker rooms are relatively new and don't need to be redone. From what I gather, the fieldhouse will contain locker rooms for sports such as soccer, track, xc, lacrosse, etc. This will free up some more space for football in the main building if they need it, but I don't think anything new is needed.

No need for a new weight room, it's currently 12,000 sq. feet. How big is the weight room (not the entire Marshall Center) at T? The current football locker rooms are relatively new and don't need to be redone. From what I gather, the fieldhouse will contain locker rooms for sports such as soccer, track, xc, lacrosse, etc. This will free up some more space for football in the main building if they need it, but I don't think anything new is needed.

Thanks.

The whole thing is 26,000 square feet, 10,000 - 12,000 at worst for weight lifting.

I have not been in the Marshall Center, but am told that it is top notch.

Also, Shamrocks, you guys set the standard for first class football stadiums for private schools in Jefferson County. X is following a path blazed by Trinity.

After viewing BuddyBW's photos and walking around the partially finished stadium, I will admit that it eases some of the nostalgia induced distress of leaving Manual Stadium.

Now, if there was just a Checks or Flabbys within walking distance....:D

X's track team may be able to use the facility towards the end of the season... Progress is moving along very nice, yet as we all know, it can't be done soon enough.....

The track should be finished before the end of track season, but I doubt if the track team will be able to use it. The bleachers and field house will still be under construction and I doubt if the the construction company would let anybody on the track due to liability reasons. Hopefully they can work something out.

I have not been in the Marshall Center, but am told that it is top notch.

Also, Shamrocks, you guys set the standard for first class football stadiums for private schools in Jefferson County. X is following a path blazed by Trinity.

After viewing BuddyBW's photos and walking around the partially finished stadium, I will admit that it eases some of the nostalgia induced distress of leaving Manual Stadium.

Now, if there was just a Checks or Flabbys within walking distance....:D

How about hot dogs from the Speedway across the street? :laugh:

In Louisville the next closest would have to be Male.

:thumb: