North Carolina 75 Kentucky 63

sportsfan41

16 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

What is the story on Allen?  

I'm curious about this too.  I know the last game he played, he had three turnovers rather quickly but that was 3 games ago I think.  He's certainly not the answer to Kentucky's offensive problems but I'd have to think if he got a few of the open looks that others are getting he'd knock a couple down and he can't be much worse than what we've seen from others.

Mintz sure looked like he cared yesterday.  I was definitely pleased with his effort and performance and it wasn't just because he knocked down a few threes.

Toppin, I think I could do without seeing him take another 15+ foot jumper for the rest of the season.  Just rebound and try to dunk on people.

Just now, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I'm curious about this too.  I know the last game he played, he had three turnovers rather quickly but that was 3 games ago I think.  He's certainly not the answer to Kentucky's offensive problems but I'd have to think if he got a few of the open looks that others are getting he'd knock a couple down and he can't be much worse than what we've seen from others.

Kind of my thoughts.  I am expecting to hear that he is transferring to NKU.

On 12/19/2020 at 5:30 PM, Carl Spackler said:

The last team to make the NCAA Tournament after a 1-5 start was Texas in 1998-99.  

I'm really not trying to be hyperbolic here, but without a non-conference tilt against the mid-major programs, UK is going to struggle to hit .500 for the season. I get the SEC is not that great, but keep in mind UK only has 20 games left. Nothing (yet) has shown me they can go 12-8 the rest of the way. That is just to hit .500. They need to hit fortune fast or I fear the season could crater given the team makeup.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 10:03 AM, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I have watched very little of UK so far this year but my guess on lack of playing time is not being good on defense.

12 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I have watched very little of UK so far this year but my guess on lack of playing time is not being good on defense.

Some but I think it’s more the TO’s, which Cal is not really fair with him on, Clarke and Boston make just ridiculous TO’s and he doesn’t react towards them the way he does to Allen. 

• Like 1